So if the Government is Shut Down...

Nate

Couldn't we open up our own government, staff it with non-union Mexican day laborers, and vote ourselves a whacking big pay raise then go on vacation?

or did they leave open the branch of government that tramples the American people's attempts to exercise freedoms and just close the parks and cancell the Army-Navy  Game?

• Heart 1

Couldn't we open up our own government, staff it with non-union Mexican day laborers, and vote ourselves a whacking big pay raise then go on vacation?

or did they leave open the branch of government that tramples the American people's attempts to exercise freedoms and just close the parks and cancell the Army-Navy  Game?

That's probably a lot better than what we've had 'representing' us for the last 42 years.

The only things they closed were things that they thought would make the voters mad.  Mad enough to demand that congress stop dilly-dallying and get on with giving us our stuff, even if it means funding Obamacare.

If they really want to piss us voters off, they should give themselves a raise while the rest of the government is shut down.

• Heart 1

If they really want to piss us voters off, they should give themselves a raise while the rest of the government is shut down.

then you better not read the text of House Bill 2137 that they passed Monday night

• Heart 1

Do you feel like you have the right to drive uninsured?

no, because I drive on public roads. But I do have the right to decide not to drive.

That's where I have the problem with ObammyCare

We didn't address health care reform, we just legislated a new market for insurance underwriters

now, you are right that I get insurance through my job, but that is also why there are no jobs out there: employers don't have any idea what their liability is going to be if they hire more workers

now if you could only get health insurance through these ObammyCare exchanges, like if you are self employed and have a pre-existing condition, then I do understand why ObammyCare would be better than nothing at all

so I am not against people having subsidized health insurance, actually. I am against the way Obammy has gone about doing it.

I feel like we bought a TV out of the back of an old Lincoln, got it home, plugged it in and just realized that we got beat

That's what dealing with Obammy is like for alot of people: there's the promise and the rhetoric, then you  only find out that you got screwed after the votes have been counted

no, because I drive on public roads. But I do have the right to decide not to drive.

That's where I have the problem with ObammyCare

We didn't address health care reform, we just legislated a new market for insurance underwriters

now, you are right that I get insurance through my job, but that is also why there are no jobs out there: employers don't have any idea what their liability is going to be if they hire more workers

now if you could only get health insurance through these ObammyCare exchanges, like if you are self employed and have a pre-existing condition, then I do understand why ObammyCare would be better than nothing at all

so I am not against people having subsidized health insurance, actually. I am against the way Obammy has gone about doing it.

I feel like we bought a TV out of the back of an old Lincoln, got it home, plugged it in and just realized that we got beat

That's what dealing with Obammy is like for alot of people: there's the promise and the rhetoric, then you  only find out that you got screwed after the votes have been counted

Why don't you have health insurance? Aren't you the one who's been hit several times by cars or something? How much did you shell out for that?

I have health insurance through my work

In Pennsylvania, when you get run over by a car, your ambulance ride is paid for by the other guy's auto insurance

So just like most Republicans "I have mine" is the operative issue here for you.

Plenty of uninsured motorists out there in every state, even though it's the law. That other guy's insurance ain't gonna pay for sheot either if he hit and runs on you. Plenty of these accidents happen when nobody else is around and they can get away with it too.

• Heart 1

hey, I said in one of those posts you quoted that I'm not against people having subsidized insurance, I'm against the way that Obammy has gone about it. they didn't reform anything, Obozo just created another handout for the lazy welfare monkeys

hey, I said in one of those posts you quoted that I'm not against people having subsidized insurance, I'm against the way that Obammy has gone about it. they didn't reform anything, Obozo just created another handout for the lazy welfare monkeys

Before or after the Republicans kneecapped it?

• Heart 1