16.2%

Square Wheels

29 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

body fat so say my Garmin scale.  I suspect it is very inaccurate, but it's higher than I want to be.

Not unhappy though, down under 190.  Plan is 185 or less before then end of March.  I might need to revise that plan and go a little lower, I got off to a good start with the end of February and beginning or March.

image.png.b7ee3562179b8da8325c6e7575afe949.png

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

16% is higher than you want to be?  Lean is ranked at 15% and normal is 20%.  

What is your goal for percentage?  I heard that if one is dehydrated it reads higher.  Knowing your lack of drinking much, I think it could be lower than that.

Not sure I'm too worried about the fat percent.  I still jiggle when I run and i still have a belly.  I'm 5' 9" (used to be 5' 10") and weigh 188.  That's way too much.

9 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Not sure I'm too worried about the fat percent.  I still jiggle when I run and i still have a belly.  I'm 5' 9" (used to be 5' 10") and weigh 188.  That's way too much.

I piqued at 185 for only 5'6" after holding at 180 for a long time.  Down to 176 now, so it's a start. :)  My weight is a sawtooth with the sharp jags up then the slow slope down every year or two.

10 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

This sort of makes me say COMPLETELY ignore that ridiculous body fat number from the scale. It can't even be remotely accurate, so why would it have value? 

Tom

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

This sort of makes me say COMPLETELY ignore that ridiculous body fat number from the scale. It can't even be remotely accurate, so why would it have value? 

Tom

It is funny that things like clothes fit are the best indicators of weight changes. :D 

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

I just stepped on mine for fun.  I'm 30% fat. :blink:  

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

The health lady at work has a handheld one.  It said I was 19% 

Scales measure lower body (leg-to-leg) and estimate the upper body.

Handheld units (arm-to-arm) measure the arms and upper body.