How is Nor'easter #3 doing

petitepedal

It's snowing. My birch trees are laying on the ground again.  We are on the 10" side of the 10 to 16 area.  SW will see a lot of snew.  Even though they said it wouldn't be thick wet, it's laying on the trees pretty heavy and I fear that there are going to be more power outages.  I'm going to go take my shower and eat a hot meal in preparation of that possibility.

Glad to be missing most of the effects of this one.  Maybe 2" here, looks like it's winding down.

I just read some conjecture about yet another one next week.  Lots of time for that to change though.  Warm sunny days can't come soon enough.

For all of you in this storm's path - I hope your trees survive and I hope your power stays on.  Stay safe on the roads - there might be people from Jersey on them.

"Cannon to the right of them, Cannon to the left of them, Cannon in front of them volley'd and thunder'd." - The Charge of the Light Brigade, Tennyson

The cannons of Winter snow have missed me! For two years, Central Maryland has seen N.Carolina and Virginia get hammered by Winter weather to our South; W.Va, Pittsburgh, etc. get hammered to our West; Eastern Pennsylvania, and New Jersey get hammered to our North, and the Delmarva Peninsula, Delaware and Atlantic Ocean get hammered to our East.

Meanwhile, I haven't had to shovel snow a single time!  I did have to brush light snow off my steps - for the mailman - and off my car a few times, but sun and temperature got rid of night snow by the next afternoon.

We had light rain and a 40F+ high yesterday: we've got a little colder than normal temps this week, but I'll live - the ground, with 40F's to 60F highs for a few weeks is now too warm for snow to stick to the roads unless we get a blizzard and that's very unlikely.

5aa7e76e78f7d_Weathermid-Mar_18.JPG.50cb099e0cfc4f6f829a782548376ee0.JPG

I'm supposedly in the 1-3 inch range of snow, but it looks more like at least 4-5 so far.  I came into work since I had some stuff that would be hard to do from home, but will go home early.  The utilities must still be sensitive from the prior storms where they got criticized for their recovery efforts, I saw at least 3 big convoys of repair trucks last night on my way home.

16 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I saw at least 3 big convoys of repair trucks last night on my way home.

Fixing things that haven't broken yet?  That puts a real damper on ice cream sandwich and thank you card sales.

Big Utility - we need to bring them down.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

I'm supposedly in the 1-3 inch range of snow, but it looks more like at least 4-5 so far.  I came into work since I had some stuff that would be hard to do from home, but will go home early.  The utilities must still be sensitive from the prior storms where they got criticized for their recovery efforts, I saw at least 3 big convoys of repair trucks last night on my way home.

They were probably going home from the last storm.

• Heart 1

Heart stopped for a moment as the power flickered and returned.  Probably just a tree branch bouncing off the lines on it's way downtown.

Computers weren't fazed.  Lights flickered.  Cable box and Clothes dryer halted and needed to restart.  It's still snowing but a lighter fine snow.  The buildup on the trees doesn't seem to be increasing much.  There is wind though that we didn't have in the last storm.  I'm as prepared as I can be.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, az_cyclist said:

wow!  that far west, Longjohn?

The roads are not even bad, my wife is turning into a sissy in her old age. :D  It was snowing hard when I left the gym around noon but nothing going on right now. I should have played up the fact that her new Oddity is two wheel drive and maybe she would have left things alone with the vehicles we had. I do like the stereo in the Oddity.  It starts playing my music from my phone as soon as I start the car. It even plays my music when my wife starts the car if I am near it. She has music on her phone but the car prefers my music.:skipping:

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

It's snowing. My bitch trees are laying on the ground again.  We are on the 10" side,  SW will see a lot of length.  Even though they said it wouldn't be thick wet, it's laying on pretty heavy

You guys are all perverts tonight. Sexist bastards, too.