official race photo

bikeman564™

I bought an official photo one time. I was climbing the last hill of the day and it was in the nineties and the hill was steep and long. I was beat from the long hot hilly ride and I saw the photographer perched at the top of the climb taking pictures and thought that was a horrible thing to do taking pictures of people dying. When I got the notice of the pictures I had to look. You couldn't tell how bad I felt when you looked at the picture. I had unzipped my jersey because it was so hot and the sweat glistened on my chest. Behind me in the picture were riders I didn't even realize were back there and they looked like I felt.  

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, dennis said:

Hero gravel! I hope you enjoyed yourself.

Thx, omg did I :cheerleader: it was a ton o' fun. There was a little over 300 people and the competition up front was fierce I recon, but back where I was, it was fun. 30 miles w/ 1200 feet, and most of the feet was w/in the first third...where I hit it hard and burned out. But I didn't finish w/ anything in the tank ;)  I really am (surprisingly) enjoying the gravel scene :) glad I bought this bike

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Thx, omg did I :cheerleader: it was a ton o' fun. There was a little over 300 people and the competition up front was fierce I recon, but back where I was, it was fun. 30 miles w/ 1200 feet, and most of the feet was w/in the first third...where I hit it hard and burned out. But I didn't finish w/ anything in the tank ;)  I really am (surprisingly) enjoying the gravel scene :) glad I bought this bike

Excellent! Gravel is amazing. Almost no cars to deal with, great scenery, some of the best riding. This is worth a read, especially if your library has it.

GC_600x400.jpg

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, dennis said:

Excellent! Gravel is amazing. Almost no cars to deal with, great scenery, some of the best riding. This is worth a read, especially if your library has it.

GC_600x400.jpg

Thanks, I'll check.  The lack of traffic is great. The ride was 30 miles, and ≈25 was on gravel roads. I saw 2 vehicles and one was a DNR guy :) the roads are like wide single track.