You know what bugs me?

Green Grass

The federal government is running endless ads on the radio about visiting the forest.  Is this really what the government should do?  Telling me to go visit the forest?

AND...they are also running ads letting us know that we shouldn't play chicken with moving trains.  Really...jeebus.

Just now, Goat Geddah said:

The federal government is running endless ads on the radio about visiting the forest.  Is this really what the government should do?  Telling me to go visit the forest?

AND...they are also running ads letting us know that we shouldn't play chicken with moving trains.  Really...jeebus.

Just wait till they try to tell you what' good for you eat.

Just now, jsharr said:

The ads are targeted.  If you go into the forest, they have someone waiting with a silenced .22 to put a single bullet into your head just behind your left ear.

Good to know.  I was going to go to the forest over lunch...after I played on the railroad tracks, of course.  You saved me, jsharr.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Goat Geddah said:

Without a picture/link/ad, I am inclined to not believe you.  Likely just voices in your head.

Tom

23 minutes ago, Goat Geddah said:

I think it is usually in the best interest of a government to alert citizens to the services available to them and to also look out for the general welfare of society. Same goes in the private sector. I know in my line of work, a group will often create something that can be used, shared, and/or leveraged across many other groups or services.  If we don't "advertise" them, folks don't know that we have already developed something which may also help them.  I think communication is a good thing - especially from gov't.  That egg frying campaign, though, did seem to get mocked more than most PSAs.

-----------------------------------

The Ad Council is a private, national non-profit organization that marshals talent from the advertising and communications industries, the facilities of the media, and the resources of the business and non-profit communities to produce, distribute and promote public service campaigns on behalf of non-profit organizations and government agencies in issue areas such as improving the quality of life for children, preventative health, education, community well-being, environmental preservation, and strengthening families. They have produced many of the most well known PSAs including Smokey Bear, Rosie the Riveter, “Friends Don’t Let Friends Drive Drunk”, and “A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Waste.”

------------------------------------

Tom

1 minute ago, pedalphile said:

I want to hear more of the egg frying campaign.

You don't remember the "this is drugs, this is your brain on drugs" egg frying ads?  Don't you have American ads over there???? :angry:  Apparently, it was an ad for the "Partnership for a Drug-Free America" which may or may not have worked with the Ad Council.

Tom

59 minutes ago, Goat Geddah said:

Just go to the forest. 

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

You don't remember the "this is drugs, this is your brain on drugs" egg frying ads?  Don't you have American ads over there???? :angry:  Apparently, it was an ad for the "Partnership for a Drug-Free America" which may or may not have worked with the Ad Council.

Tom

Brilliant in itself, but I was really expecting some useful egg frying tips. No, we don’t get American ads, except on those compilation shows of funny and weird foreign ads.

41 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

Brilliant in itself, but I was really expecting some useful egg frying tips. No, we don’t get American ads, except on those compilation shows of funny and weird foreign ads.

... tip: poaching produces a more useful and better finished product.

No, we don’t get American ads, except on those compilation shows of funny and weird foreign ads.

...this makes me very jealous of you.:angry:

Issue:

This is a bug description.  It's what is currently 'bugging' me.

Repro steps:

1. Read this fucking step

2. Repeat step 1 (infinity-1) times

3. Observe the results

Actual Results:

You are off the rails

Expected Results:

Sane folks who don't follow directions realize that if they only execute step 2 (infinity -2) times and avoid redundancy -- they stay on the rails.