Russian mail order brides...

Green Grass

I think the chances of it working are slim. Most of them have a cousin in New Jersey and they go running to them. 

The public humiliation of a situation like that precludes me from ever considering that. Plus now Im married, but was single for 10 years  

Dont we have a Very high ranking politician on his 2nd one?  Slovenia, close enough. 

• Haha 3

Previous firm, hired a Filipino who was university educated in the Philippines and bright.  She immigrated to the U.S...her husband was white and corrections guard somewhere in Seattle area. 

Though I only had her for 2 wks., she seems distant, cool and unhappy.  When she visited me in my dept., she seemed very afraid of her husband who was going to pick her up.  I believe he was hitting her.  She had dark shadows under eyes...indicating lack of sleep.  She reluctantly left my area to join her hubby.  Before he showed hubby, she told me her hubby didn't want her to work at all. It made my blood freeze when I heard that, considering she was bright and industrious.

I am not sure how they meant...but my sense is that either it was via just photo/short visit...and then he got a bride.

I had a Russian pen-pal back when I was a kid (about 40 years ago). :) I haven't thought about her in ages. Dasha was her name. We wrote back and forth for a couple of years. International postage was expensive for a young teenager. LOL!! She wanted to go to University and become a veterinarian. I wonder if she ever did.

3 hours ago, Slow_Guy_On_Bike said:

I had a Russian pen-pal back when I was a kid (about 40 years ago). :) I haven't thought about her in ages. Dasha was her name. We wrote back and forth for a couple of years. International postage was expensive for a young teenager. LOL!! She wanted to go to University and become a veterinarian. I wonder if she ever did.

Found a picture of Dasha.  She should have become a dentist;

Image result for russian peasant women

• Haha 1