I want

Square Wheels

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Meh - Pop Tarts sooooo disappoint.  And, I am increasingly less and less happy with potato chips.  Candy (mostly chocolate types), pizza, and ice cream REMAIN winners!

Go eat one of those three superfoods.

Tom

I haven't had a Pop Tart in more than a dozen years, I suppose it's the memory of them.

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Those pale to grilled kale.

Yummy!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Love that.  The porch is dope.  

The shop and backyard is even better.

IS27il2zclh8871000000000.jpg

IS6y90vfri6w5g0000000000.jpg

Not that I have any clue on how to maintain a pool, but can't be that hard considering the amount of people that have one anymore.

The inside needs updated.  The house was built in the 80's and the inside looks like the house was built in the 80's, but just mainly talking painting.

• Heart 2

21 minutes ago, Indy said:

I want this.

ISql5cu2j2q16g0000000000.jpg

Offer has been submitted, now just waiting to see.

Nice house and yard...and yeah the shop is great.

Make the seller buy a home warranty.  With an '80's house things like kitchen appliances, water heaters, etc. could start dropping like flies...unless they may have been updated along the way.

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

The shop and backyard is even better.

IS27il2zclh8871000000000.jpg

The inside needs updated.  The house was built in the 80's and the inside looks like the house was built in the 80's, but just mainly talking painting.

So lots of hunter green and brass fittings?

Just now, Goat Geddah said:

Nice house and yard...and yeah the shop is great.

Make the seller buy a home warranty.  With an '80's house things like kitchen appliances, water heaters, etc. could start dropping like flies...unless they may have been updated along the way.

New roof, stove is new, they are taking the fridge.  Biggest cause for concern is the outside AC unit as betting that will need replaced soon, which sucks because I just put in a new high end HVAC system in my house last summer.  Water heaters are easy to change out, takes me less than 30 minutes and those are relatively cheap.

I never do warranty stuff because it's all a gimmick for the most part.  For one they aren't going to upgrade stuff when you do use them.  The other thing, if people put the money spent on them away to cover stuff, most of the time they will come out ahead, otherwise none of these warranty companies would be in business for very long.

Nice house, Indy.  Good luck with your offer.  The kids will love the pool.

We have modified our house plan, again.  We are getting fearful of a second story.  We are just going to build a tiny one story home, and a moderate garage.  This will allow us to move sooner and partially retire that much earlier.

Small homes work well for us.  Less stress, less expense and lower taxes.

Just now, Parr8hed said:

That shit would have to come down in the shop.  How's a man supposed to build shit with a wallpaper border in his shop?

I'll probably leave it in there for a laugh and because I'd be to busy building shit to care.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

Nice house, Indy.  Good luck with your offer.  The kids will love the pool.

We have modified our house plan, again.  We are getting fearful of a second story.  We are just going to build a tiny one story home, and a moderate garage.  This will allow us to move sooner and partially retire that much earlier.

Small homes work well for us.  Less stress, less expense and lower taxes.

Nothing wrong with a small house, but with kids, you need room to get away from them.  At one time we were debating going smaller than we currently have, as Graham gets older it's becoming apparent he needs his own space to get away from his sister sometimes.  With the large age gap between them, she annoys him and doesn't get that she's doing it, so she not at the age where you can really yell at her for it yet.

c5bf3a98954074bf7b8cbfd404687207l-m25xd-

My mother used to reupholster furniture (she's actually finishing up a chair now and say's she's done, she's said that more times than I can count now).  She's asked if I could get them to leave it as is now and just move into my shop.

Just now, Page Turner said:

...you really ought to explore limiting your window of eating to six or seven hours per day.  Just my own experience on what works for me.

I'm not totally unhappy.  I have not eaten in the middle of the night since 2/1/18.  This is a lifelong habit that I am breaking.  I am still losing weight.  I am approaching my lightest in almost 25 years.  I still have a ways to go though, that means less calories.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Indy said:

IS6y90vfri6w5g0000000000.jpg

Not that I have any clue on how to maintain a pool, but can't be that hard considering the amount of people that have one anymore.

...it's probably just my fire department experiences, and I doubt it happens often in the overall statistics for back yard pools.

But if I had small children and a house with a pool came up on my radar, I'd either pass or fill it in.  Like I said, just me.

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I'm not totally unhappy.  I have not eaten in the middle of the night since 2/1/18.  This is a lifelong habit that I am breaking.  I am still losing weight.  I am approaching my lightest in almost 25 years.  I still have a ways to go though, that means less calories.

...fortunately for me, I lack your ambition in this area.:)

7 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

You had me totally riled until I got to the smiley face.

Why not?  I never created a compost pile.  

Just because AFAIK! Let me google that for you! brb!  Oh yeah - vermin!

Composting cooked food is often not recommended because of the difficulty involved in controlling vermin, bacteria and the proper ratios for materials. The benefits of using cooked food as compost material include reduction of overall waste and an increase in both available raw material and finished fertilizer.

gardenguides.com/116536-compost-cooked-food.html

Just now, Page Turner said:

...it's probably just my fire department experiences, and I doubt it happens often in the overall statistics for back yard pools.

But if I had small children and a house with a pool came up on my radar, I'd either pass or fill it in.  Like I said, just me.

Going to put a safety cover on it, will not leave it uncovered.  Will also be putting an alarm on the door to the back yard to alert us if my daughter slips out.  Yes, my wife is paranoid about the pool and me being an engineer, I've already completely over thought the situation and covering all my bases.  You should see my Amazon shopping cart.

• Heart 1

Just now, Kzoo said:

Too slow...

The “no cooked foods” rule is a general guideline because many of us add fat, butter, or meat products to our cooked veggies. Pure steamed veggies – with no oils or sauces – should compost just fine, especially if they're well mixed into the pile. 

Both our answers suck!  Do vermin prefer cooked food?  And who would compost steamed veggies?  Eat them all, dammit!  The most common cooked food waste that I always want to compost is corn cobs. lmgtfm! 

15 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

:cheerleader:

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes, my wife is paranoid about the pool and me being an engineer, I've already completely over thought the situation and covering all my bases.

When it comes to a pool and little kids, there is no such thing as over thinking it.  And there is no substitution for parental supervision...NEVER take your eye off the pool when in use and never stop doing a head count.  Drowning is  a very silent occurrence.  No screams for help.  

More than the alarm, I'd put a lock up high out of reach of the kid...and keep the door locked.  Also self closing devices on the gates...you get the idea.  Keep overthinking the safety.  Pools are great for family fun and entertainment.  But you gotta respect them.

Of course teach your kid to swim as soon as you can.

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Just because AFAIK! Let me google that for you! brb!  Oh yeah - vermin!

Composting cooked food is often not recommended because of the difficulty involved in controlling vermin, bacteria and the proper ratios for materials. The benefits of using cooked food as compost material include reduction of overall waste and an increase in both available raw material and finished fertilizer.

gardenguides.com/116536-compost-cooked-food.html

Recycled beer or cider are good, though, even recommended as an activator.

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Both our answers suck!  Do vermin prefer cooked food?  And who would compost steamed veggies?  Eat them all, dammit!  The most common cooked food waste that I always want to compost is corn cobs. lmgtfm! 

So I get a 'you suck' and SW get pom poms.  A little harsh, don't you think?

#thininternetskin

• Awesome 1

5 hours ago, Goat Geddah said:

When it comes to a pool and little kids, there is no such thing as over thinking it.  And there is no substitution for parental supervision...NEVER take your eye off the pool when in use and never stop doing a head count.  Drowning is  a very silent occurrence.  No screams for help.  

More than the alarm, I'd put a lock up high out of reach of the kid...and keep the door locked.  Also self closing devices on the gates...you get the idea.  Keep overthinking the safety.  Pools are great for family fun and entertainment.  But you gotta respect them.

Of course teach your kid to swim as soon as you can.

...all good advice.  There is no way to describe what it's like to go on one of these calls.

It just guts everyone involved, from the parents to the responders and the hospital personnel.:(

16 hours ago, Indy said:

I never do warranty stuff because it's all a gimmick for the most part.  For one they aren't going to upgrade stuff when you do use them.  The other thing, if people put the money spent on them away to cover stuff, most of the time they will come out ahead, otherwise none of these warranty companies would be in business for very long.

Gimmick at best, scam at worst. They’ll charge you $75 to make a visit to determine that your situation isn’t covered for whatever reason they decide, which will vary as you discuss it with different supervisiors. It shouldn’t be that difficult to have hot water in the shower of your new home, but it became an out of pocket expense to replace the shower fixtures in two bathrooms. 

Then when the furnace induction motor failed and we had no heat, we went with a local HVAC company that could get a new motor same day rather than wait. Since the people who pay for the service aren’t the ones who ultimately try to utilize it, there is no incentive for customer service.

On the subject of pool safety... Don't forget about the dog.  Not as devastating as a child for most, but still a tragedy that can be avoided.

On my last at-client install in October one of the salesmen came in "My dog drowned in my pool this morning." :( Needless to say it was pretty uncomfortable to be there at that moment.