Wow! Again, I Am Clearly Too Lazy For Life

Razors Edge

We had an annual canoe trip that my Dad organized for about 30 years. By the end we were using Folgers Coffee bags, just like teabags.

I thought you guys would find my anecdote interesting.  Reminds me of a Ron White Joke:

I never had much of a vocabulary. In fact, my friend Bob Schneider would still be alive today if I'd known the difference between "antidote" and "anecdote". He got bitten by a copperhead, and I'm telling him funny stories out of Reader's Digest. His head started to swell, I said "This ain't working". He goes, "READ FASTER!!"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, donkpow said:

This is funny because I have made hobo style coffee as well as instant coffee on camping trips.

For years, we made french press on camping trips. Eventually, I became too lazy even for that, so we just went to making Starbucks Vias.  Compared to our normal homebrew, it is not nearly as good, but for camping (and convenience), it is a no-brainer now.  Hit Costco, buy a multipack, throw in with the camping gear, and B-O-O-M - good enough coffee and no real clean-up.

Also, when camping at National Parks or similar, we love just using the Vias to get started, but then hitting local coffee shops (or the lodge) for breakfast and real coffee.

Tom

3 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

I like his kettle. Enamel cups suck, even for camping, I hate burning my lips.

We've gone to insulated pint glasses for coffee in the morning, since I can then rinse them out and have cool water during the day, and then a cold beer in the evening. And they easily fit into my camping chair cup holders.  And the ones I got are simple Walmart brand which are just as nice but $20 cheaper than these (and have a nice lid):

Pint.jpg.351392c954516fd42361dca1a26a0d87.jpg

Tom

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

We had an annual canoe trip that my Dad organized for about 30 years. By the end we were using Folgers Coffee bags, just like teabags.

I just got those for my Mom.  She really doesn't drink much coffee and hasn't made a pot of coffee now that she lives alone.  She was mentioning how sometimes she'd like just a cup but doesn't want to go through the effort of brewing a pot, so I got her those and she loves them.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I wonder if the Aero press offers much advantage? It doesn't look very aero to me. Take a look at a high end tri bike, now those look aero, that coffee maker doesn't look aero at all.

Would it be a downtube, seattube, handlebar, or behind the saddle mounting point?

That will determine the impact of the "aero"!  Got any access to a windtunnel?

Tom

• Awesome 1

28 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...why do all the coffee hipsters wear knit watch caps?  it's like a "thing" here.

it's Portland. Stumptown Coffee is Portland based. An old nickname for Portland was stumptown. They had to cut down a bunch of trees in the original spot for PDX. Hence...stumptown

and how are you going to get "Artisan" coffee without a cap? umpossible

• Haha 1
  • Envious 1