Lung failure

BuffJim

Thanks. Have taken 2 of my three tests today. They need to rule out heart issues and blood clots.  My walking pulse ox test only got down to 89 today, as opposed to 80 - danger zone yesterday. So hoping to get out. Might need to have a biopsy to diagnose the lung ailment, but should be able to do that outpatient. 

My 85 year old French roommate talks loud non stop. Ranting about money with family members. I told him to be quiet at 10:45 last night and said I’ve never heard a man talk that much.  Then he ranted in his sleep for over an hour. Half English half French. One of his rants was people accusing him of having an accent. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BuffJim said:

My 85 year old French roommate talks loud non stop. Ranting about money with family members. I told him to be quiet at 10:45 last night and said I’ve never heard a man talk that much.  Then he ranted in his sleep for over an hour. Half English half French. One of his rants was people accusing him of having an accent. 

I know a guy.  He can take care of that problem for you.  Prob only charge you half.  If the dude is 85 and already in the hospital a lot of the work is already done.  

• Awesome 1

5 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Is this him?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Sorry you are going through this. Hoping for something that can be recovered from rapidly. :(

Probably going to deal with it the rest of my life. But there should be recoveries. I’d be glad to get back to where I was in December which is about 80% normal lung function. 

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, Goat Geddah said:

WHOA!  You really wrote this?

You weren't here when we did this.  Jim was ill, maybe a cold or some other minor ailment.  We had a death watch on him for a few weeks.  His demise was greatly exaggerated.

Pulmonary fibrosis is not nice, I hope this is not what he has.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

You weren't here when we did this.  Jim was ill, maybe a cold or some other minor ailment.  We had a death watch on him for a few weeks.  His demise was greatly exaggerated.

I remember that Jim did the Death Clock thing and his time was up SOON according to the clock.  He beat the system.

9 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I remember that Jim did the Death Clock thing and his time was up SOON according to the clock.  He beat the system.

6 hours ago, Goat Geddah said:

WHOA!  You really wrote this?

6 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I thought it was because he was always posting weather news and telling us we were all going to die.   

Update. Feeling much better. Worked from home yesterday and went to the grocery store without oxygen. Felt pretty good. 

Slept all night without oxygen. 

The hospital did a couple things I question. Filled me so full of albuterol that my heart rate was elevated. They stopped once they realized that. 

They also pumped me so full of IV fluids to dilute the effects of 3 doses of radioactive dye on my kidneys. This caused my lungs to fill up. Didn’t realize til yesterday they were filled at least partly with blood. Cause I didn’t spit in the hospital and no one checked. 

It’s dark blood not bright red and I’m not calling the hospital back like it says to on the sheet. I think it will clear up as my lungs continue to drain. 

But overall feeling much better. 

• Heart 2

...albuterol is one of those drugs the medical peeps throw around like it's aspirin.

I went in complaining of some breathing problems once and before I knew it, I was diagnosed as asthmatic and had my inhaler script.

Of course, I'm not asthmatic, and have never been asthmatic.  But I guess if I wanted to I could have kept the prescription to use for doping.:)

A puff or two of albuterol and I can't sleep for a couple of days.  That's just how it affects me, I guess.

5 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I proposed he doesn't wait.  I've never coughed blood before, but it is on the list if things I would go the the ER for.

I get it. But I’m waiting. Another reason for blood is that I was on blood thinners that have been discontinued.  And the amount of blood in the spit is shrinking. By tomorrow it will be gone. So no ER this weekend unless I take a drastic turn for the worse. I just walked 2000 steps on my errands and feel fine. 

• Heart 1

I'm with Jim....especially since my doc is out of the office for a couple of weeks :wacko:  I asked the pharmacist about adding musinex to all my other drugs and she said okay....I am not going in for the cold thing unless it gets worse..and since I am down and resting anyway...I think I am all good for now.

Besides...all those sick people  :dontknow:  you know Flu A or B or C,D,E,F, G, :wacko: I would rather not risk more exposure

• Heart 1