Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker) as Slow Cooker

LabDaddy

So I enjoy using my slow cooker. A few years back I bought a Instant Pot pressure cooker and love it. Use it for steaming veggies, cooking rice (got rid of my dedicated rice cooker), soups, etc.

It has a slow cook option. Going to try it today to see how it compares with the dedicated slow cooker. It'd be nice to be able to get rid of another thing.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, LabDaddy said:

So I enjoy using my slow cooker. A few years back I bought a Instant Pot pressure cooker and love it. Use it for steaming veggies, cooking rice (got rid of my dedicated rice cooker), soups, etc.

It has a slow cook option. Going to try it today to see how it compares with the dedicated slow cooker. It'd be nice to be able to get rid of another thing.

Works well in my experience!

• Awesome 1

33 minutes ago, LabDaddy said:

Seems like you might be clearing out a bunch of stuff! Lookout yogurt maker!

"Combines seven appliances in one: pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté, yogurt maker and warmer."

9342214_fpx_tif.jpg.ae5f3ca169b94b201b97b6dcb98a0a5b.jpg

Tom

• Heart 1

Back in the '90's, I bought my mother, raised in a Polish-American family, a pressure cooker.  She never used it: Polish cooking generally involves slow cooking where the items flavor each other over the long time.  Dishes like Golubki (Polish Stuffed Cabbage) benefits from 3 hours in the oven, but so many other good things don't!

So several years ago I began cooking with a 6-quart, stove-top pressure cooker and it love it for the shortened times! I also carefully measured the inside diameter and got a couple cheap cages - one with legs - for placing veggies above the meat/gravy at the bottom.  Here's my favorite pressure cooker recipe:

Pressure Cooker Pot Roast With Mushroom Gravy - Easy

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/pressure-cooker-pot-roast-with-mushroom-gravy-easy-380069

Ingredients

3 lbs chuck roast, 2-3 inches thick

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 (1 7/8 ounce) envelope onion soup mix ( or onion mushroom soup mix)

2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup

1 cup water ( or beef or chicken stock)

SUBSTITUTION by Mickey: I use 1 can mushroom soup (no added can water), 1.5 cups water, and 2 tbsp. of "Better Than Bouillon" Beef Base instead of 2 cans mush. soup and 1 cup water.

Directions

Brown meat on all sides in oil in cooker.

Mix all other ingredients and add to cooker, coating meat.

Cover and cook 50-60 minutes after control jiggles.

Cool cooker normally for 5 minutes, then place under faucet to depressurize.