Go ahead with your favourite Fleetwood Mac tune.

Wilbur

47 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Well, that sort of neglects Nicks and the voice she brings.

I hear @sheep_herder is breeding a replacement. :)  @Dirtyhip will agree. :)

I was going to post Tusk as a placeholder until I found some of the Peter Greene ones I like, but then Hypnotized is also a goodie. 

I totally missed the Peter Greene era but love when they play those on the radidio.

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Well, that sort of neglects Nicks and the voice she brings.

I tend to agree with SW. Nicks sang many of their hits bit wasn't the only singer in the band.  Lindsay Buckingham's guitar play is amazing and IMHO defines the band more than Nicks.

I wasn't a big Fleetwood Mac fan growing up but really got into them when they made their comeback some years ago.

Just now, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Ever since hip posted she sounds like a goat I can't shake that image. :D

It's that goaty, vibrating, whiny voice that I didn't like.  Christie sounded more like a man, wasn't crazy about her either.  I liked when Lindsey played and sang, and the rest of the band just backed him up.

I remembered hearing a radio DJ say once that when he left the band, they needed to replace him with two guitar players when they played live.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I like both their voices, actually Christy's a little more than Stevie's. 

If i had Christine McVie in my band why on earth would i let Stevie Nicks sing?  McVie has one of the sweetest angelic voices in rock history. 

That being said my favorite Fleetwood Mac song is "Never Going Back Again".

• Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

If i had Christine McVie in my band why on earth would i let Stevie Nicks sing?  McVie has one of the sweetest angelic voices in rock history. 

That being said my favorite Fleetwood Mac song is "Never Going Back Again".

You might want to fact check me but i recall hearing somewhere Mick wanted Lindsy but he wouldn't join the band if they didn't take Stevie as well.

• Heart 1

One of the few times, "I'll join the band, but my girlfriend has to sing", worked out! They were showing a live performance of Fleetwood Mac on "Midnight Special" when I was a kid. I fell in love with Stevie right then and there! Sometimes I like her voice more than others. 

You can play most anything from the "Fleetwood Mac", "Rumors", "Tusk" era and I will be totally happy!

• Heart 2

I've always liked bands that have multiple, different style lead singers. I like Nicks. I think Nick's edgy-ness was the perfect contradiction for Mcvie's silky-ness.  Nothing worse than when a band's songs all sound similar.

Nevermind that the two combined as backup gave them "the" Fleetwood Mac sound. :wub:

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

30 minutes ago, team scooter said:

I've always liked bands that have multiple, different style lead singers. I like Nicks. I think Nick's edgy-ness was the perfect contradiction for Mcvie's silky-ness.  Nothing worse than when a band's songs all sound similar.

I have to agree with this. Nicks' voice has its place. McVie couldn't pull off those darker bluesier songs. 

• Heart 1

I really loved the South Fork episode where the military mistakes a goat for Stevie Nicks - though I do like her singing when she's not trying to imitate a goat - like she does on Gypsy.

My favorite Fleetwood Mac song, even though (quote from a comment on the video below's site: "According to Stephanie "Stevie" Nicks:"I very much resented him telling the world that 'packing up, shacking up' with different men was all I wanted to do," Nicks later told Rolling Stone. "He knew it wasn't true. It was just an angry thing that he said. Every time those words would come onstage, I wanted to go over and kill him. He knew it, so he really pushed my buttons through that. It was like, 'I'll make you suffer for leaving me.' And I did.":