Daytime TV is crap

petitepedal

It's awful here in terms of local Baltimore and Washington stations unless you like Maury, Let's Make a Deal, The Price is Right, etc. All the unemployed are targeted in the commercials about suing people, consolidating your debt, etc.  Beginning at 1 pm, Maryland and D.C. PBS networks have some travel stuff and BBC TV Series, mostly good comedies including Last of the Summer Wine, Waiting for God (British Nursing Home!), Are You Being Served?, and Ballykissangel (fictional small town in Ireland!).

If I really want to watch something good, I'll stream Amazon Instant Video (free with Amazon Prime).

58 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Yep, netflix and amazon video work for me.  We also get a station, GRIT, via antenna that shows older movies day and night. Surprised none of you watch the judge shows during the day.:whistle:

I'd watch judge Dred if it was on during the day.     :P

While antenna has MeTV, Grit, ION, Logo, Cosi, Laugh, Movies, and many more free, it was a pain to know what was when and where. Just picked up a DVR for antenna broadcast which comes with a guide. Now I can scroll through the guide and it lays then out nicely. While I am not going to keep this DVR (Tivo Roamio) due to other issues. It's competitors should do the same.

54 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

While antenna has MeTV, Grit, ION, Logo, Cosi, Laugh, Movies, and many more free, it was a pain to know what was when and where. Just picked up a DVR for antenna broadcast which comes with a guide. Now I can scroll through the guide and it lays then out nicely. While I am not going to keep this DVR (Tivo Roamio) due to other issues. It's competitors should do the same.

There are a couple of TV guide services on the internet.