DiL published!

12string

16 minutes ago, 12string said:

Brag time:

My daughter in law just sent a link to a paper she just had published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of the Sciences.  I made it through the first 5 words in the title, then I was lost.

Her explanation when she was working on it was something about discovering that a sequence in RNA of proteins in cancer cells that was thought to be random actually has a predictable order.  There are a bunch of pictures and graphs and pretty colors.  My eldest daughter found some math in there, so she had something fun to read.  My other kids knew more of the big words than I did.   Oddly, no mention of her Father in Law's inspiration.

I'd like to see the methodology.  I'm betting it is bunk :D

Tom

• Sad 1

No, it was Chemistry, not metallurgy.  I don't know why you stuck all those other letters at the end of your post.

I went to their site, they have the first paragraph, I understood about 3 words of it before hitting the "buy a subscription to read more", and I was like, nah, I'm good.

11 minutes ago, 12string said:

No, it was Chemistry, not metallurgy.  I don't know why you stuck all those other letters at the end of your post.

I went to their site, they have the first paragraph, I understood about 3 words of it before hitting the "buy a subscription to read more", and I was like, nah, I'm good.

Programmable RNA recognition using a CRISPR-associated Argonaute

I keep my veggies in the CRISPR in my FRDGE

1 minute ago, Scrapr said:

Didja have to take your shoes off for the math sections?

or just let Jethro help with the ginzintas?

I do my own cypherin'.  I know what gazinta what most of the time.  Except this one time in New Orleans.  I woulda swore he was a she.

• Heart 2

Amusing.  We just remind the intelligensia in the family that they are human --we love them more than just their brain.

All I know about my brother-in-law's PHD (he is a tenured prof with several engineering courses that he teaches) and research area is in quantum physics.  It is  the most difficult area of all engineering specialities  (this how dearie explains it since he has a civil engineering degree) .  

I can't remember my nephew's PhD research area within biochemistry. He told me once and I promptly forgot. :huh: