Well there goes today’s 10K

8 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

pretty crappy weather for a 10K, no?

Not really. 27 degrees but bright sunshine. That temp usually isn’t a factor, but I’m thinking “standing around freezing in running clothes, then sweating for an hour or so, then freezing again” might not be the smartest thing I could do.

• Heart 2

42 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Not really. 27 degrees but bright sunshine. That temp usually isn’t a factor, but I’m thinking “standing around freezing in running clothes, then sweating for an hour or so, then freezing again” might not be the smartest thing I could do.

You should never go out in the cold weather again, makes you crazy (and sick).

13 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Get better.  There will be more 10K's

More annoying, than anything. I almost never get sick, and she’s managed to infest me twice this year. :angry:

Was going to do this 10K, the “Mountain Goat” ten miler in May and then a Half in June. 

It was 16 for our 10k yesterday! Pre-race was a little cool, but my warmup run took care of that. I was fine for about 30 minutes post-race before I needed to get inside. I had a pretty nasty head cold the weekend before. Still had a lot of sinus crud yesterday. 

55 minutes ago, groupw said:

I had a pretty nasty head cold the weekend before. Still had a lot of sinus crud yesterday. 

Yeah, that’s what I’ve got going on. As long as it doesn’t move into my lungs, it’ll be gone in a couple of days. Kind of annoying because I seldom get sick, and yet that’s twice this winter, I’ve had the plague.

I wasn’t expecting great things from the run, since I’ve only been running sporadically the last couple of months. I did a 10K practice a couple of weeks ago, just to see if I could survive. It wasn’t pretty but I did.

• Heart 1