I got called out this weekend

jsharr

1 hour ago, 2Far said:

I still remember what they whispered in my ear, though I'm not sure I heard correctly. ?

They just yelled YOU in my face to make me jump.  Then I had to follow them around the campfire.  Then I had to be silent until breakfast, which is hard to do when you are the event chair for Camporee.

• Haha 1

Mr. Sharr, 

Your love of scouting, and dedication to the young men that follow this path are on display all through the pages of this forum, and I'm sure, in your real life.

Choosing you for this honor was not only obvious, it was required.

Congratulations, Mr. Sharr

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

They just yelled YOU in my face to make me jump.  Then I had to follow them around the campfire.  Then I had to be silent until breakfast, which is hard to do when you are the event chair for Camporee.

They didn't whisper the secret oath in your ear??

16 hours ago, donkpow said:

I'd like to take this time to thank @Razors Edge for his help in getting @jsharr recognized for his outstanding community service.

I'm fairly sure his choices were "community service" or 30 days.  Given those choices, what's a man to do???

Tom

• Haha 1

I could never understand the remaining silent thing with order of the arrow. When I was at scout camp the kids that were being inducted into O of A were not aloud to talk. What’s that all about? I wasn’t into the work your way up and be an Eagle Scout, I was just there to have fun.

23 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I could never understand the remaining silent thing with order of the arrow. When I was at scout camp the kids that were being inducted into O of A were not aloud to talk. What’s that all about? I wasn’t into the work your way up and be an Eagle Scout, I was just there to have fun.

It is supposed to be a test of your cheerfulness and spirit and to allow a time of reflection is the official word.  It was not too hard for me to be silent, as I was feeling poorly and headed to my cot to sleep as soon as I got back to the dining hall.

• Heart 1