Anyone doing anything exciting on Friday night?

sheep_herder

Actually it is Saturday morning, but Duke and I just fed the bums again.  They were at the back door along with the cat, so we did not have to go to the barn.  Duke ran around while they were eating, and then he had a snack and a drink of water before retiring until morning. He can tell night from day and is always ready to go back to bed when it is dark.:whistle:

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Friday - day - was hectic. I learned from the Jury Office that my sister was right, no one wears suits for jury duty anymore. About the only dress code is a ban on tee shirts with bad or controversial language.

So, since I have Jury Duty next week, I spent the morning and early afternoon making sure I had a few decent pairs of dress pants ready to go with the shirts/ties I wore to the no-suit-required-but-shirt-and-tie dinners on my cruise last summer.

In the afternoon, watching my brother's dog while his family is in Chicago for a business-related vacation, I took the Labradoodle - a Golden Retriever/Poodle mix, for a walk in a park.  He's big, 30-40 lbs, not used to being taken for a walk and I could barely control him with the leash. If I hadn't put his harness on him he would have pulled out of his collar. We walked 1 1/2 miles and my biceps, deltoids, and traps felt the effects of a good workout at the end.

I had to do my Friday grocery shopping after taking the dog back home, feeding him, and waiting until he relieved himself in the yard. I was so tired I didn't want to cook and decided to get a Marie Callendar's 16 oz. frozen Country Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy and corn in a butter sauce for dinner - on sale for $2.50 and excellent - and a pint of Ben & Jerry's Phish Food ice cream. I had never tried that one before and it is excellent: chocolate ice cream with gooey, soft marshmallow areas - not swirled thin as in most marshmallow ice creams, caramel swirls and fudge fish that are like 1/2" long chocolate bricks.

After I ate the Marie Callander's dinner I caught up by phone with an out-of-state cousin for an hour, then channel surfed and found an old "WKRP in Cincinnati" rerun - I hadn't seen one in years, and watched that while I ate the ice cream.

I also watched reruns of The Carol Burnett Show, 2 1/2 Men, and Last Man Standing.

I checked my chess games online and looked at NFL.com to see if the Ravens' signed anyone interest Friday (Dez Bryant?) - they didn't.

And that was the end of Friday Night!

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Friday - day - was hectic. I learned from the Jury Office that my sister was right, no one wears suits for jury duty anymore. About the only dress code is a ban on tee shirts with bad or controversial language.

So the lesson here is, next time called for jury duty, wear a t-shirt with marijuana or some other message they would frown on and you are almost guaranteed not to be selected without saying anything.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Tizeye said:

So the lesson here is, next time called for jury duty, wear a t-shirt with marijuana or some other message they would frown on and you are almost guaranteed not to be selected without saying anything.

A Make America Great Again shirt will get you a lifetime exemption. 

• Awesome 1

My daughter moved to Massachusetts in February. She came in town to become an aunt for the first time. So we went to dinner last night at a local restaurant on the Erie Canal. Not a single boat on the canal last night. But it was nice to see my daughter. Here’s her sister’s new baby girl. 

D898C35D-A6FB-41DD-8890-00B7AFB1AF9F.jpeg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Skyrim.

I always make the character female. There is a point where you have to give your armor and weapons to a guy to sneak them into an embassy. You go as a guest, the guy sneaks you into the cupboard where you get your weapons back. You then slaughter your way across the compound until you find the secret document you need.

I've played this game a lot, and have developed habits. I give the guy the weapons and and armor, and then run in my undies to where my co-conspirator is waiting with party clothes, about 1/4 mile away

You can give the guy only so much, and I was still carrying about 50 pounds of junk that might keep me from getting into the embassy. So I had the bright idea of going back to the magic college, and storing it there. So I do that, and get a bunch of comments about running around in my undies.

Let me tell you something about Skyrim. You can modify it. You can put in more dragons. I put in a mod called Even More Dragons... So there I am, no weapons, wearing nothing but undies, no magic potions, and a genuinely badass dragon that wants to cook me, and then have me for lunch.

So I ran back into the college, more comments, waited a minute and went back out again. Still there.

So I run upstairs and sleep for 8 hours. Still there.

I go into a stasis mode for another 8 hours. Still there.

At that point I jumped out of the game, had a snack, and jumped back in. No dragon.

Maybe I should come up with a plan that doesn't involve streaking. But I do like to see her butt running in undies. So naw, I'm good.

• Confused 1