Well that was not a question I expected.

tybeegb

Doctor appointment for WofTy.  Hasn't been to this office before.  They use those Phreesia(?) things to gather information.  Standard stuff until the question "What gender do you identify with"?  In addition to male and female, there were five or six others that I did not care to read to her.  But she insisted so I read the one sentence in one box that said "genderqueer".  When I hit that word I pressed continue (I had already checked "female" for WofTy) to get out of that page.  That was just too weird for me.  :huh:  And she did not care to hear anymore options either.  

55 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

It is also a world where some who don't want to be classified seek classification by creating their own.  Our open-ended gender spectrum is not scientifically accurate. 

This reminds me of the very interesting part in the sleep book I just read aboot how narcolepsy is caused by the inability of the hypothalamus (or maybe the thalamus itself) to reliably switch real world sensing on and off to enable sleep.  Instead it sort of unpredictably flip flops around, thus triggering sleep paralysis unpredictably ay any time.  That would suck!

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

The most simplistic, yet accurate account of this whole new gender identification issue I have ever read.  Bravo, Wilbur, I tip my hat to you.

I try to keep things simple but it leads to arguable conclusions.  This whole "gender" hijacking is more a sociology issue but it is based in psychology.  I just don't accept sociology as a science.  If it is to be considered one, it is certainly an extraordinarily corrupt one.  But don't get me going or I will have to openly bash political correctness too. :) 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I just don't accept sociology as a science.  If it is to be considered one, it is certainly an extraordinarily corrupt one.

Sorry, I disagree.  Sociology, like Psychology and History for that matter are based on the fact finders interpretations of what they are looking at, as opposed to the facts themselves.  

• Haha 1

I still dont get all this gender BS.. it should be male, femail, other. 

I wish they had a question of normal or millennial. That should tell the Dr's what kind of crap they are going to have to deal with before they get into the exam room

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1