Do you miss the Crown Vic?

Wilbur

AVOID! Only time I have the "pleasure" of riding in a Crown Vic is when assigned a taxi at the airport. Invariable, it is not the primary taxi company that has newer more modern cars (like the one that took me to the airport - typically a Camry Hybrid) but a low tier taxi company with old cars that creak, and usually a Crown Vic or the Mercury equivalent. Beginning to think that the taxi assigner sees I am not a tourist heading to the theme parks but a local, so they assign me the crappiest taxi in the queue. 

If the trip is beyond 10 days, round trip taxi with tip is cheaper than off-site parking with corporate discount.

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

Not so much. I missed the Chevy Caprice more.  The sound of that 350 when we would romp on it going to a hot call still gives me chills.

You needed 3 acres to turn the thing around, but man could they go, and handle well at speed

• Heart 2

We got one as a rental in San Francisco once. They were out of the car we had reserved (compact) and tried to upsell me. So I think out of spite they gave us a Crown Vic. A bit difficult to park in SF. We got a bit turned around and went past some fancy hotels a couple times. We were getting dirty looks from the taxis in the que. :angry:

I told WoScrapr we need to see if we can pick up a John  fare

• Heart 2

Just so you know, the Crown Victoria, the Mustang and at least one other Ford all had the same chassis.  It was code named the Fox chassis at Ford and it varied in length depending on the application.

Well, that assumption on my part was just plain wrong.  The Crown Victoria was not built on the Fox chassis.  It was built on the Panther chassis and still had a full frame where the Fox was the unibody,

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Not so much. I missed the Chevy Caprice more.  The sound of that 350 when we would romp on it going to a hot call still gives me chills.

My dad bough a mid 60s Chevy Biscayne police car at a county auction once. It had the 327 Interceptor engine in it with a B&M built automatic. Talk about a wild ride. When somebody rear-ended it, he put the guts in my mom's 66 Bel Air. You couldn't pull away from a light without chirping the tires. Mom made him sell it and get her a station wagon. :(

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

My brother bought a brand new Crown Vic, drove it till the engine quit. He had it towed to the dealership to get a new engine and they gave him some shit about how you are supposed to change the oil sometimes. He managed to get them to give him a new engine. He ran that one until it quit, never changed the oil. They wouldn't fix it for him that time. Some people are slow learners.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2