Animals I spotted today

Dirtyhip

Our yard was birdie central today. We had lovebirds, quail, doves, finches. grackles, sparrows, flycatchers, curve-billed thrashers, starlings, and a few others I haven't identified yet. They emptied the feeder in less than a day.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, UglyBob said:

Our yard was birdie central today. We had lovebirds, quail, doves, finches. grackles, sparrows, flycatchers, curve-billed thrashers, starlings, and a few others I haven't identified yet. They emptied the feeder in less than a day.

I hear a red warbler was recently visiting in the Tucson area.

7 hours ago, UglyBob said:

We have our doves back nesting in our hanging pots on our back deck. I left two hanging pots out all winter because I ran out of room in the spa room. When we saw the doves landing in the pots WOLJ decided I needed to put some plastic flowers in the pots and move them to the end of the deck so the baby doves won’t have to learn to fly out over the pool. Within an hour of me doing that they settled in the pots in the new location. They have never had any trouble flying out over the pool but my wife worries about them.

• Heart 1

I wonder why I've seen more turkeys this spring then the last several springs combined. The last few mild winters? Some are huge. And they've become a bigger nuance then the ground squirrels were. And they travel in huge packs. The Mrs says if I allowed her to have a gun, we could stock the basement freezer..... :unsure: