Crappy weather so.........

BR46

31 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Looks better than this shit we’ve got going on:

We started out with just rain then it switched to snow then back to rain and now it's back to snow. 

We got about a quarter inch of ice on everything and still freezing rain out. Doesn’t look much better til sometime Monday.?

5 minutes ago, Zackny said:

We got about a quarter inch of ice on everything and still freezing rain out. Doesn’t look much better til sometime Monday.?

So what are you going to do today? 

In a strange way I kinda like days like this once and a while. 

Just now, BR46 said:

So what are you going to do today? 

In a strange way I kinda like days like this once and a while. 

Catch up on some reading, work on plans for the bathroom remodel and maybe a nap?

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

23 minutes ago, Zackny said:

Yeah, I figured you guys got it worse than we did. It mostly stayed north of us. Doesn’t matter though because someone is giving me disgusted looks and pouting because the weather is obviously my fault. I also neglected to hold an umbrella over him when he went out to the bathroom this morning. ? I’m expecting a phone call from the Human Society tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, Zackny said:

plans for the bathroom remodel

Do some research on bathroom fans for me, while you’re at it. The lazy bastard that put mine in bought the cheapest POS available at Lowes and vented it to the attic. Warm moist air turns to frost, eventually melts and drips back down on the Sheetrock. Plus the damned fan died. So now I get to cut the rock, install a new one and vent it properly. ?

• Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Yeah, I figured you guys got it worse than we did. It mostly stayed north of us. Doesn’t matter though because someone is giving me disgusted looks and pouting because the weather is obviously my fault. I also neglected to hold an umbrella over him when he went out to the bathroom this morning. ? I’m expecting a phone call from the Human Society tomorrow.

I have a girl who's quite certain I am an ass for not opening the back garage door and the barn door so she can hang out in the barn doorway. 

Do some research on bathroom fans for me, while you’re at it. The lazy bastard that put mine in bought the cheapest POS available at Lowes and vented it to the attic. Warm moist air turns to frost, eventually melts and drips back down on the Sheetrock. Plus the damned fan died. So now I get to cut the rock, install a new one and vent it properly. ?

Good help is hard to find. You want it done right, you gotta do it yourself.

Well, that didn't work. My replies are in the quote. FWIW.

23 minutes ago, smudge said:

Good help is hard to find. You want it done right, you gotta do it yourself.

I don’t mind when something breaks of it’s own accord or wears out, but batting cleanup for stupid/lazy/cheap people makes me even angrier than usual.

I’m probably going to get guilted into going out, later, but right now he’s trying to convince me that the breakfast snausage I’m cutting up would atone for my poor choice of weather conditions

• Heart 1

We're getting pelted with ice pellets. The doggies do their business and quickly knock to come back in. When I took out the garbage, with the couple of inches of heavy ice on the trash can lid I needed both hands to lift it. Me thinks I better remove the ice on my thin sheet aluminum clam shell trailer cap before it collapses under the weight. Then start chipping away at the ice on the driveway. 

Its mid April, the wife and I should be out driving the convertible instead dang it. :angry:

Nebraska was closed yesterday. They closed I80 across the state. Near the western border, Trucks were backed up for 1 1/2 miles. They were using a bus to get the stranded drivers. 

They also closed Highway 30 from here West. Over 4,000 were without power West and north of us from power poles and lines blowing down. 

We were somewhat lucky only an inch of snow but often whiteout conditions. There was some drizzle that froze on the roads before that. 

Not will thaw tomorrow and Tuesday before another round comes that night!

It took three passes with the snow thrower to scrap all the snow cone type ice off the driveway. It saved my back again and earned an oil change next fall. ;)

This stuff is heavy. And to think the snow thrower sales guy rolled his eyes when I told him to order me the 11.5 horse model over the 8.0 horse model he had in stock and suggested. "But you dont need the 11.5 cause we dont get real winters like we used to". Maybe. But the springs have gotten worse. ^_^

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Man, I squandered away that gorgeous day yesterday and now we have a cold and rainy Sunday. 

I spent a beautiful 80 degree day, yesterday, on a greasy 110 degree crane. 

Today I drove through misty rain to a rainy island.

A rainy island beats the hell out of a beautiful day in a steel mill   :hapydance: 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1