My Blood Glucose Numbers Are "Normal" & I Need a New Dr.

ChrisL

Glucose is "normal" which is a good thing but...

My Dr is getting lazy and doesn't even want to see me nor talk to me.  One of the office admins called me and says the results are in from my recent labs and my numbers are "normal". What was my fasting BG and A1C?  Uhhhhhhhh Well your numbers are normal, do you need to know more?  Yes, I'm diabetic so "normal" just means they are controlled by meds.  I like to know how my A1C is trending and the fasting glucose number is a good barometer for how accurate my home glucose meter is.

Uh well, uh hmmmm... I'll have to have the Dr get back with you. Can't you just send me the lab results?  Oh yeah I can do that too... Brilliant.

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Glucose is "normal" which is a good thing but...

My Dr is getting lazy and doesn't even want to see me nor talk to me.  One of the office admins called me and says the results are in from my recent labs and my numbers are "normal". What was my fasting BG and A1C?  Uhhhhhhhh Well your numbers are normal, do you need to know more?  Yes, I'm diabetic so "normal" just means they are controlled by meds.  I like to know how my A1C is trending and the fasting glucose number is a good barometer for how accurate my home glucose meter is.

Uh well, uh hmmmm... I'll have to have the Dr get back with you. Can't you just send me the lab results?  Oh yeah I can do that too... Brilliant.

You always see the bills for tests, the results are more hit and miss.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

All of my test results for the past ten years or so (ever since they started the web site) are on my doctor's patient web site.  I can even see X-rays, MRI and CT-scan reports.  I can go back and see all the test results ever recorded on one screen and compare them.  I can even make a graph of any result I so choose.

I agree. You need a new doctor.

2 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

All of my test results for the past ten years or so (ever since they started the web site) are on my doctor's patient web site.  I can even see X-rays, MRI and CT-scan reports.  I can go back and see all the test results at once and compare them.  I can even make a graph of any result I so choose.

OMG! I wish I had that.

Just now, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

You must have good jeans too!

I don't really think so.  I started my rigid low fat diet (especially regarding saturated fats) several years ago because my mother's side of the family had almost all died young (in their 50's) with heart disease.  I became very proactive about my cholesterol numbers, triglycerides and blood pressure about 15 years ago.  I may not have inherited the heart disease gene, but I wasn't taking any chances.  My doctor has been impressed.  My numbers were not very good (not seen on the chart which only goes back to 2011) before I started my low fat diet.     

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

44 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

All of my test results for the past ten years or so (ever since they started the web site) are on my doctor's patient web site.  I can even see X-rays, MRI and CT-scan reports.  I can go back and see all the test results ever recorded on one screen and compare them.  I can even make a graph of any result I so choose.

This for all of my tests, but not sure for X-rays, MRI and CT scan reports.  My doc only needs to see me every 6 months, but he knows I will contact him if I am concerned about my meter readings.  I like our relationship.

One of my doctors had me open a patient porthole and I had to use my email for a username and then create a complicated password with upper case, lower case, special characters, numbers and secret question, a bunch of them. I think it even had a secret handshake. They must have been afraid the Russians were going to hack my account to find out when my next appointment was. I knew I couldn’t remember all that chit so I wrote everything down. Next time I got an email telling me I had a very important message on my patient porthole and a link to my log in page. I got out my password book and typed everything exactly as written. It said wrong username or password. There was no place to reset password. Screw them, when I get those emails now I just ignore them