Blind And Stupid, Nearly Killed a Fat Old Dude

ChrisL

Let me set the stage: I'm driving to an appointment this morning and I'm on a residential street one lane each direction and parked cars along the curb on both sides. There are no stop signs/lights nearby so im cruising along at around 30 MPH.  Coming the other direction towards me is an old dude on a motorized scooter and hes looking over his shoulder, he then executes a U turn directly in front of me!

Now I've got nowhere to bail out so I lay on the horn & brake hard and dude dumps it in the street and I miss him, but just barely.

Old man gets up, I get out of my car and ask if he's OK.  Mother fucker why don't you watch where you are going!!!!!  Now that's him, not me!?!?!?  I said excuse me, you made a U turn directly in front of me?!?  Fat old dude has his hands clenched in a fist, chest flared and is walking towards me.  

Me, sir what the hell do you think you are doing?  I suggest you relax, pick up your scooter and move along before you do something you may regret.  Fat old dude stops, says you are lucky I'm not gonna kick your ass and picks up his scooter (barely had the strength to do so) and scoots away.

I look around thinking I just got pranked or such but nobody comes out with a hidden camera.  I shake it off and drive away.

WTF was that all about!?!?

• Heart 1

I've been astonished by the strange and dangerous vehicle moves made in front of me lately. Here's one of many:

There's an entrance ramp on the right side of a two lane highway and there are always assholes who fly down the left lane and then try to cut into the long line of traffic in the right lane to get to the ramp. Today, there were about empty 10 car-lengths behind me but a car didn't get behind me and wasn't even satisfied trying to squeeze-in in front of me. He flew several cars ahead to the point where the entrance ramp was separating from the highway, the dotted line became solid and he wasn't supposed to cross it. But he did and there was NOT a single car-length between the cars where he was going. The car in the rear had to slam on his brakes because the asshole was going onto the ramp, accident or no accident. It was lucky there wasn't a chain-crash but the cars behind the brake-slammer, including me, saw what was happening and slowed down.

I was almost hit head on last night by an asshole who used the left turn lane to fly by a bunch of people waiting to go straight and then tried to cut back over into the straight lane.  We were in the left turn lane facing this, so when he had no where to go because the cars in the straight lane didn't let him in, he had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting us head on.  Of course, this asshat driver was shaking his fist and yelling like it was other people's fault that this was happening.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Reverend_Maynard said:

I was almost hit head on last night by an asshole who used the left turn lane to fly by a bunch of people waiting to go straight and then tried to cut back over into the straight lane.  We were in the left turn lane facing this, so when he had no where to go because the cars in the straight lane didn't let him in, he had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting us head on.  Of course, this asshat driver was shaking his fist and yelling like it was other people's fault that this was happening.

he was ranting about the zipper merge being better and fairer

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I was watching that movie last night.  Classic.  My wife was like yeah I'm going upstairs... Women just don't get it...

Yup!  Daughter #2 sat there stone faced through it. It did seem a little juvenile to me, NTTIAWWT!  Tim Matheson and his buddy really blew me away with their characters. :D

3 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Yup!  Daughter #2 sat there stone faced through it. It did seem a little juvenile to me, NTTIAWWT!  Tim Matheson and his buddy really blew me away with their characters. :D

It's one more movie full of lines that I don't feel right laughing at anymore.  "The issue is not whether we broke a few rules, or....."

<wink>

8 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

It's one more movie full of lines that I don't feel right laughing at anymore.  "The issue is not whether we broke a few rules, or....."

<wink>

It produced a ton of very quotable lines.  I like that. :)

"You effed up.  You trusted us." :D

(Clip NSFW :mellow:)

14 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

It produced a ton of very quotable lines.  I like that. :)

"Would you tell those assholes to shut up?" :lol:

damn, that whole scene is a riot.  Wormer's facial expressions are hilarious.

It will be a long time before I watch it with my daughter though...

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

It will be a long time before I watch it with my daughter though...

She was over 18. :D

But both daughters did love Dracula Dead and Loving It.  We could watch that when they were kids, except for a scene or two that were a tad uncomfortable.

My favourite thing to watch with the daughters was Angry Beavers.  Loved that!