Happy Days are Here Again!

MickinMD

My "important civic responsibility" is completed!

My one day on a voir dire panel, where an old friend was the judge and two of my former students were also on the jury panel, was enough fun in court for the week!

They paid me $15. I paid $9.50 for lunch and $6 for parking: down 50 cents not counting about 2 gallons of gasoline!

5ad8f1db7311a_JuryDutyOver!.JPG.d960690f10389a3f342f8997b1d2db27.JPG

• Heart 2

5 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I thought you drank a beer or rode a bike or something.:scratchhead:

My first bike ride in over a year is supposed to be this month, but I was advised to delay it until after my Apr. 26 root canal dental work and the new crown that will go on the same tooth, so I'm guess I won't ride until May.

2 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

My first bike ride in over a year is supposed to be this month, but I was advised to delay it until after my Apr. 26 root canal dental work and the new crown that will go on the same tooth, so I'm guess I won't ride until May.

Maybe the snow will be gone by then?:dontknow:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Longjohn said:

It was 39F, feels-like 27F this morning here.  I keep a budget and my Gas & Electric bills for March usually dropped about in half for April (paid the following month). For 2017 going backward to 2014 were $268.76 and $141.65, $208.44(warm March) and $166.45, $262.65 and $159.47, $241.25 and $146.69.

This year, March was an almost identical to 2017 $268.48 and April is sure to be a lot closer to it than last year's $141.65.

17 hours ago, Longjohn said:

They are still snowmobiling some areas around here. Monday will hit mid 50’s so maybe first ride of the year.

Yay,  congrats on having done your civic duty!  We got paid $40 a day, plus mileage and they reimbursed parking.  I ended up getting over $100 a day, but that did involve a 2 hour commute each way (if everything ran on time) and the train fare was about $40 a day.

10 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Yay,  congrats on having done your civic duty!  We got paid $40 a day, plus mileage and they reimbursed parking.  I ended up getting over $100 a day, but that did involve a 2 hour commute each way (if everything ran on time) and the train fare was about $40 a day.

No wonder they don't serve donuts and coffee.