Night Court is adjourned

Road Runner

4 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Really!  I would think they would have been buddies, both being nostalgia buffs!

I wonder if Cheese was even aware.  Harry lived just north of him in Asheville NC.  He had been living in New Orleans until Hurricane Katrina hit.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I wonder if Cheese was even aware.  Harry lived just north of him in Asheville NC.  He had been living in New Orleans until Hurricane Katrina hit.

Cheese was aware. Harry also had a house in Anderson/Clemson which is 40 miles. Thankfully Asheville is 63 miles. I think his wife went to Clemson.  

• Heart 2

I liked the back and forth between Bull and his fellow bailiff.  She was a such a smartass. :D I feel bad I can;t remember her name. :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Court

The series was created by comedy writer Reinhold Weege, who had previously worked on Barney Miller in the 1970s and early 1980s.

I was late to the Barney Miller party, but that one was very cool also, so I like Reinhold. :)

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I liked the back and forth between Bull and his fellow bailiff.  She was a such a smartass. :D I feel bad I can;t remember her name. :(

There were three, IIRC.  Roz was the last one.  Selma Diamond played the first one.

• Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

There were three, IIRC.  Roz was the last one.  Selma Diamond played the first one.

Oh yeah - I just remember two off hand - the old white one and Roz, the younger smartass black one.

OK, Florence Halop was the third, in the middle and short-lived on the show.  I barely remember her.

BTW, Wikipedia kicks imdb's ass when it comes to in depth coverage of old tv!  :D

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Oh yeah - I just remember two off hand - the old white one and Roz, the younger smartass black one.

I could google it, but that would be cheating.  I think Selma died or got sick and was replaced by another old cranky white woman for a season or two.  Then Roz took over and stayed till the end.

• Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I was late to the Barney Miller party, but that one was very cool also

I was just thinking about that show a few days ago.  It's maybe the only show I can think of where absolutely everything happens on one set, the squad room.  :)

Just now, Road Runner said:

I was just thinking about that show a few days ago.  It's maybe the only show I can think of where absolutely everything happens on one set, the squad room.  :)

NYPD Blue was a little similar, although they did go oot a few times, like to the gym where Andy conceded the guy did have a nice ass. :D

I guess Barney Miller was a tad low budget.  Hmm, Night Court was pretty similar.