Speaking of beer...

Further

I grilled some hamburgers for dinner and while at the grocery store looked at the selection of singles. Never tried this before...but what the heck with hamburgers, beans and chips. 

VERY SWEET! Dominate root beer taste...but then there was an aftertaste bite to it. Definitely different. Don't think will be buying again, but had to try it.

Root Beer.jpg

• Heart 1

...and speaking of beer @Further

Here's another example of oddness. Some months ago a friend & I were at World of Beer...drinking beer.  They have on tap from Jaden James Brewery in Grand Rapids, MI, a peanut butter porter. And I can't think of the brewery or beer, but they also had a blueberry beer on tap. The barmaid mixed the two and wah lah...peanut butter & jelly beer. Odd yes, but I'll be damned it tasted exactly like PB&J. The sample is all I had, and wouldn't want to drink an entire beer of that. But, it was unique. Now, Shorts Brewing in Bellaire, MI makes a PB&J ale.  That's my story.

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

The barmaid mixed the two and wah lah...peanut butter & jelly beer

Empire does a beer with Concord grape juice. Not my thing at all. (I think it’s what sorority girls drink when they’re all out of Mike’s Hard Lemonade or they want to seem edgy....)

We went to a beer pairing dinner at Empire last fall and they served that paired with some sort of peanut butter pastry....and it was PB&J! It was neat how that worked.

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Further said:

Tried thisI loved a 2 oz sample. Can't imagine drinking more than 6 oz.

Tastes just like a Peppermint Pattie   

Southern Tier is sort of local, but I’m not crazy about any of their stuff. They are one of the very few breweries who do a pumpkin beer I can tolerate, though.