I may have just screwed up big time

jsharr

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

Arrrrgh?  Why do you say that?  BTW, the HDD was failing and had some corrupt files, had to delete them and rebuild my outlook files.  I think I did this just in time.

I feel your pain.

I left my notebook on the back of the buggy and it blew off in to a puddle. 

Retrieving 20 some pages of data was a bitch.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Except for the 50,000 Outlook files he lost.  He didn't need any history for 2017 anyway.

lost nothing as I use Microsoft 365 and it syncs from there to whatever machine I log on from.  Microsoft also keeps ost and pst files on the machine and the ones one the hdd were corrupt or did not copy as the drive as failing and those segments were unreadable.  Once I used Ninite cleaner to get rid of them, then clean copies downloaded from the cloud and all is good.

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

lost nothing as I use Microsoft 365 and it syncs from there to whatever machine I log on from.  Microsoft also keeps ost and pst files on the machine and the ones one the hdd were corrupt or did not copy as the drive as failing and those segments were unreadable.  Once I used Ninite cleaner to get rid of them, then clean copies downloaded from the cloud and all is good.

Again you’re letting facts get in the way.