My strange encounter with a bunny

Road Runner

After I cut my grass yesterday, I came across a bunny sitting next to one of the posts of my yard swing.  It was just sitting there with it's butt up against the post.  I walked up to it and stared it in the face.  It's little black eyes just stared back at me.  I talked to it, telling it I was impressed with it's apparent complete lack of fear of the big ugly human.  I got a couple feet away, but the bunny never moved.  I began to think it was dead.  I walked away and when I came back an hour or so later, the bunny was gone. 

What do you make of this strange behavior?  

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

The bunny is a Puerto Rican bunny and a member of the Sharks. Soon your territory will be invaded and you'll have to rumble to keep your beautiful sister away from the bad bunnies.   :(

I feel that Bikeman's avatar is the cause of all this bunny chicanery.  :angry:

• Heart 2

It was dead. A cat or a dingo got it.

In my previous home, the back yard was fenced in and I had no pets. The birds, squirrels, bunnies, etc. loved it.

When I would come out in the yard to work on it, the flock of Mourning Doves pecking for worms and bugs wouldn't fly away, they would simply move to a part of the yard in which I wasn't working.

The squirrels would keep an eye on me but woudn't run up a tree unless I got too close.

But the rabbits would run OUT of the yard as soon as they knew I had discovered them. The babies were small enough to squeeze through the chain-link fence. The bigger ones could squeeze through the gaps in the gates.

Your bunny was either high on some wild-growing drug or dead.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

It was dead. A cat or a dingo got it.

In my previous home, the back yard was fenced in and I had no pets. The birds, squirrels, bunnies, etc. loved it.

When I would come out in the yard to work on it, the flock of Mourning Doves pecking for worms and bugs wouldn't fly away, they would simply move to a part of the yard in which I wasn't working.

The squirrels would keep an eye on me but woudn't run up a tree unless I got too close.

But the rabbits would run OUT of the yard as soon as they knew I had discovered them. The babies were small enough to squeeze through the chain-link fence. The bigger ones could squeeze through the gaps in the gates.

Your bunny was either high on some wild-growing drug or dead.

Man, you people suck. 

No RR. Your Bernardo just understood instinctively you are a good egg and was just enjoying a beautiful moment in time with you.  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2