I Realized I Have A Problem

Razors Edge

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

17mph up a 7% hill with a heart rate of 160.  Yeah, not a chance I can do that.

I was riding up a 7% hill on Sunday at 10mph and dropping.  I cannot imagine doing his sort of pace, but watching his power numbers, you can see how he does it (but now how he is able to generate that power).

I actually was mesmerized :D

Tom

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I cannot imagine doing his sort of pace, but watching his power numbers, you can see how he does it (but now how he is able to generate that power).

I did my hill ride last weekend.  I am not bragging, and I am not strong.  On some of the harder hills, I was doing around 400 for the hill.  They were usually really steep, but really short.  I can only maintain 400 for 3 or 4 minutes.

9 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I did my hill ride last weekend.  I am not bragging, and I am not strong.  On some of the harder hills, I was doing around 400 for the hill.  They were usually really steep, but really short.  I can only maintain 400 for 3 or 4 minutes.

Probably better than me :)  Three to four minutes at 400 watts would be nice.  He is also lighter than me, so his power-weight is much more impressive than that 400+ shows.  It is easy to see why he does well on climbs. Of course, he doesn't always set the KOM, so there are more than a few folks like him out there.

Tom

On 4/24/2018 at 1:05 PM, Razors Edge said:

Probably better than me :)  Three to four minutes at 400 watts would be nice. 

OK, today I felt just OK on the hill ride.  One of the short but really steep hill I tried to pay attention to the numbers.  It was 1 minute at 350ish watts.  I could have held that for 3 to 4 minutes, but the hill ended.  I could not have done 400.