Sigh..

Wilbur

I want to find a place near Newark Airport that's akin to Gravelly Point at Reagan.  The closest I seem to have come (in my online research) is the IKEA parking lot which is on the other side of the Turnpike.  Hoping I can do better than that.

My son loves watching planes take off and land from Gravelly Point (and so do I).  It feels like you can almost touch them.  I'd love to be able to take him to a similar spot up there.

There are some trees and some green grass in the view you posted.  It could be a lot worse.

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

I want to find a place near Newark Airport that's akin to Gravelly Point at Reagan.  The closest I seem to have come (in my online research) is the IKEA parking lot which is on the other side of the Turnpike.  Hoping I can do better than that.

My son loves watching planes take off and land from Gravelly Point (and so do I).  It feels like you can almost touch them.  I'd love to be able to take him to a similar spot up there.

There are some trees and some green grass in the view you posted.  It could be a lot worse.

Around here they have done away with most of the good plane watching places and they take a dim view of cars parked on the approach or departure runway ends.  Airport security will show up quickly to see who you are and ask you to move along...........if they're nice.  The areas are posted and they don't have to be nice.

• Heart 1

Maybe 40 miles down the road (SSW), you hit one of the most beautiful universities in the world, and one with a whole heaping of history. Not many states can be (or should be) judged by their airports, so maybe a short day trip to the less industrial parts of NJ would be a nice treat.

Tom

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Around here they have done away with most of the good plane watching places and they take a dim view of cars parked on the approach or departure runway ends.  Airport security will show up quickly to see who you are and ask you to move along...........if they're nice.  The areas are posted and they don't have to be nice.

We might just have to "break down" on the southbound shoulder then.  Lucky we have some camping chairs while we wait for a tow truck!