Any Vacation Plans?

Kirby

With all this talk of Wisconsin lake cabins and epic rides on Cape Bretton today, I started thinking about summer vacations.  Do you have any vacation plans for this summer?  Share your plans so we can all live vicariously through your plans.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Heading to Kelowna in the Interior for a few days, then to the East Coast (New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island ) to visit family sometime in August.

44 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Yup.  Squampton and Whistler, and a visit with Wilbur.  That is our big trip.  

When in Whistler?  

• Heart 3

Going to Chicago for a wedding in June. 

WoW and I are planning a Miata adventure to Arizona to see the girls in late September. Need to go before snow starts falling in the Rockies, but hopefully the heat will let off a bit in AZ by then. I drove there to help our daughter last year. She flew on her turns. She wants to see some of the people and things she missed by flying. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Yup.  Squampton and Whistler, and a visit with Wilbur.  That is our big trip.  

Also, planning riding the new extended version of the trail at Downieville.  It's like 6000 ft of descent I think.

We have 50 days of vacation this Summer.  Yay!  Lots of camping and biking.  

If you're going to go that far -- maybe you want to go a little further east to Mazama and check these out too:

Singletrack through fields of wildflowers

https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/5204930/buck-mountain-loop

https://www.singletracks.com/Mountain-Bike-Trails-bike-trails_0.html?filterBy=|loc:48.592222~-120.402778~25~Mazama%2C+WA

• Heart 1

I'm going to Ohio sometime this summer and I'm visiting my friend's son in college at Gettysburg in the fall. 

I plan on doing some camping this summer with Ylva.  Tude wants to camp with me too but Ylva can't come during those times.

I also plan  on  squating at Air's new land this summer too.  Please don't tell her. 

Couch 

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

10 days in Portugal in early September. Tour package includes hotels, a rental car and some day tours. Might be a couple of bike rides along the way, but it's not a cycling vacation.

Have fun. I enjoyed my consulting trip to Portugal in 1984. Traveled around the country visiting agricultural experiment stations, so I visited several locations in the country, even went bird hunting with one of the advisors.  Funny how the dogs did not understand any of my comments.:whistle:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Heading to Kelowna in the Interior for a few days, then to the East Coast (New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island ) to visit family sometime in August.

When in Whistler?  

We rented a cabin in New Glasgow PEI for three nights after our Cape Bretton ride.

• Heart 3

Aside from the bike trip we will spend a few days canoeing/camping in Ontario around July 4. A few 2-3 day trips into the Adirondacks and probably a fall backpack trip in the White mts of NH. 

• Heart 2

Wow....you all have lives.

I have 32 hours of use-it-or-lose-it time to take between now and July 1, so I’m probably taking every Friday off for the next two months. Plenty of work to do around the house. Will spend some time at camp. (Plenty of work to do there, too).

SO’s making noises about going to Garnet Hill again next fall.....but that’s it.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

A week in Pennsyltucky/Gettysburg.  Half week downashore.  Tahoe/Yosemite (we didn't score the half dome lottery) then maybe Zion - depends on daughter #1's surgery results.  We'll try to get a along weekend in Vermont.  And If I ever get that camper back, I really need a long weekend away soon.

10 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Vicarious for me!  Daughter #1's wedding is stressing the old budget.  Maybe a bike trip here and there, and a trip out west to visit my mother and meet Longjohn in October.

Similar for us. All of our discretionable cash is going towards our daughters wedding and we plan to take time off during the wedding.

Im sorta on vacation now. I planned to work through Wed which was my final day at my old job & then we are having a family reunion in Portland Thurs through Sun, starting my new job monday.  But my former employer closed me out Monday so im goofing off... 

I had a Drs appt, got a haircut, went to LBS and am about to go to the gym. Ride tomorrow & Thurs  am before i catch my flight.

• Heart 1

18 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I think I'm going here:

Not really, but a guy can dream, right?

This makes me think of my favorite cat. I named him Mandu. He was such a nice cat that I spent money on him at the vet for checkups, neutering, shots. He had a litter box inside but he preferred to go outside. Then the coyotes got him. :unhappy:

• Heart 1

First week of June is Myrtle Beach with her family.  October is Outer Banks with my family.  The tournament we just won was a USSSA World Series Qualifier.  With some more points and another win or two we may qualify for the USSSA World Series.  That would be a week in Florida in July.  

• Heart 1

On 4/23/2018 at 10:02 PM, Tizeye said:

Just the usual...Heading to Switzerland for 3 weeks. Should catch the last day of the Montreux Jazz Festival. After that, open for bike, hike and other activities.

May do a side trip to Tuscany this year, but uncertain.

I love Switzerland. When we go we usually stay in the Lauterbrunnen Valley. Hiking in the summer there is the best!

With an infant most of our serious trips we usually try to do each year is severely minimized. Plan on a week in the Boston area beginning of July and booked air travel for 10 days in Oct in reykjavik, Iceland. Going to do a northern lights viewing, stewing in volcanic waters, and hiking the Golden Circle. 

• Heart 2

45 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

BTDT..  Have a great time.  Very cool place but expect to pay top dollar for everything!  Spendy place. 

Yup we've done extensive research. Well, my wife has. Everything should be triple the going rate anywhere else so we are planning for this measure. I found a really cool AirBnB about a 30 min walk from Reykjavik that is a whole house for about $275 a night. Seems a better setup than a small hotel room in the city center and easier with a child.  

• Heart 1

15 hours ago, dotman17 said:

Which way you headed out of Carmel?  Big Sur or Watsonville?

it is the Carmel Valley double century.  it starts in King City, heads nw to Carmel Valley, then heads south along State Rt 1.  after lunch you climb Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd