kalamazoo bike accident a-hole goes on trial today

bikeman564™

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

I heard it on the radio this morning

It's been on the news here.  We have an anniversary ride scheduled for June 7th.  We are also dedicating a permanent memorial at the crash site that the county road commission has granted us permission to establish.  As for bad memories, I ride regularly with 3 of the 4 injured.  For me, there is a hole created by my 2 close missing riding buddies every group ride I do with them.  Our first scheduled ride of the season is tonight.  

At the end of last year I rode with the 4th injured.  Her feet had been pulled out of her riding shoes (both shoes stayed clipped in).  Almost every bone in both of her feet were broken.  They said at the time she would probably never walk again.  I'm not sure about running but she was walking and riding just fine.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Hoping or 2nd degree

My friend's sister was killed in a drunk driving accident on July 4th several years ago. She was young twenties. The guy who did it was a career DUI offender. He almost didn't get jail time. He also will get out soon.  People like him or seemingly this Kalamazoo guy need to NEVER be driving on a road again. Period.  I'm not saying lock them up forever or use the death penalty, but it has to be 100% known to them that if they ever pick up a set of car keys again and try to drive - sober or not - THAT will be the moment they are locked up forever with no possible parole.

Tom

• Awesome 1

18 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

My friend's sister was killed in a drunk driving accident on July 4th several years ago. She was young twenties. The guy who did it was a career DUI offender. He almost didn't get jail time. He also will get out soon.  People like him or seemingly this Kalamazoo guy need to NEVER be driving on a road again. Period.  I'm not saying lock them up forever or use the death penalty, but it has to be 100% known to them that if they ever pick up a set of car keys again and try to drive - sober or not - THAT will be the moment they are locked up forever with no possible parole.

Tom

I think Mr. Pickett is going to die in prison.  5 counts......