You have the wrong person!

Tizeye

Similar to the car warranty telemarketing calls thread...I get it on email. When Google was a startup my son called me, didn't tell me to buy the stock - there went his inheritance, but a new email service called gmail. Quick, get your name before it is take. I did...and everyone else with my name has to have numbers or other identifiers as part of their email address. About 3 or 4 times a year I get emails that were obviously intended for a different person with my name...from as far away as Australia!

Personal ones are easy as I give a courteous reply to the sender to check the email...and no I won't be able to meet them for the job interview when the fly into LAX wiht my being in FL! Corporates are some of the worse as 1) no one takes responsibility to correct the corporate records and 2) it is spread throughout their marketing machine so if you correct one, it doesn't correct the others. Thanks for letting me know I made a deposit to my account but I don't have at Santander Bank. No, I didn't buy a Ford in California. and AT&T...I didn't open an account and am a happy T-Mobile customer.  And the list goes on.

A couple days ago I got a survey to know how my service was on my Nissan - and the owner's name is nowhere near mine. While I have contacted the Nissan dealer before to correct their records, obviously not done.

Very tempted to complete the survey with all 1's to get their attention.

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

"Tizeye" is probably in the bottom 0.1% of surnames. I don't think you needed to rush to get tizeye@gmail.

Tom

You would be surprised how popular it is. Sometimes I try to use it as a user name where they don't use email as the user name, and it is already taken. GRRRRR! Occasionally it is myself that has taken it as and earlier setup, and won'r recognize me as the same person to re-claim the account.

Great story. Back when I was changing ISP's often and feared forgetting to update some people of a new email address, I used my yahoo.com backup email address to share with other high school sports coaches since many were from out of state or otherwise outside my normal circle of coaching contacts.

To this day, over a decade later, I get invitations through that email address, but usually to the attention of the current coaches, to bring my high school's softball or cross country teams to various tournaments and meets.  I just forward them to our school's athletic director.