Happy Hump Day, or Administrative Professionals Day

Longjohn

Whelp I'm off to get my first shower in over a week. I was going to take one last night but when I had my wife remove the bandage on my ear I couldn't get it to stop bleeding. I'm going to try again.

I had to bite me tongue when she made my ear bleed. There are a couple singers that she likes to listen to and to me they sound so bad that they make my ears bleed but she gets insulted when I say stuff like that.:whistle:

Just now, BuffJim said:

Happy Wednesday.  We used to call it Secretaries day. We've come a long way baby.

Rainy and gray here, but long range forecast is looking decent.

I should add we used to call Hump Day, 'Screw Like Bunnies Day'.  We've really come a long way.

• Haha 1

Shower went well, I didn’t bleed out in the shower. This seems to be a bigger deal than any of my other cancer surgeries. Even the lymphomas they cut out of my neck. Maybe I just have too much time on my hands to think about it. I never missed a days work with the other four surgeries, well I guess I didn’t miss work for this one either but it slowed me down.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

Thanks. My dept head is in Holland. Usually he does something for me. He gets a pass today. :)

Mooseknuckle will no doubt come in and say ... happy secretaries day.  

He constantly likes to refer to me as his secretary.  Ugh.

When I got into the workforce, men that were 20 or so years older than me often used the term Gals.  That was cringeworthy to me. I'm not big on being PC, but I also don't think offending people is the right way either and Gals seemed a bit sexist.

20 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

When I got into the workforce, men that were 20 or so years older than me often used the term Gals.  That was cringeworthy to me. I'm not big on being PC, but I also don't think offending people is the right way either and Gals seemed a bit sexist.

Isn’t gals the feminine form of guys?

19 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

We had a previous boss that was elderly and old fashioned.  Her dress code doc was kind hilarious and outdated.  She would refer to us as "her ladies."  It made us sound like hookers and she was the Madam.  I hated the phrase.  I made a few comments about the phrase.  She quickly stopped saying it.  I'm a troublemaker like that.  :whistle: