Any car in the world, what would it be?

jsharr

A co worker and I were talking about cars we’ve owned yesterday. I wish I still had some of them. Not that they were in showroom condition. I have owned a 69 Cougar, 73 Cuda, 69 Grand Prix and a 67 Chevelle rag top.

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Zackny said:

A co worker and I were talking about cars we’ve owned yesterday. I wish I still had some of them. Not that they were in showroom condition. I have owned a 69 Cougar, 73 Cuda, 69 Grand Prix and a 67 Chevelle rag top.

Maybe you can get them back?  It was just yesterday! :) 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Maybe you can get them back?  It was just yesterday! :) 

Don’t quit your day job or you’ll starve?

19 minutes ago, Zackny said:

I have had a 76 Chevy Nova, a 80 El Camino Royal Knight and an 88 Jeep Wrangler, any of which I would still love to have.  The others have just been cars. 

Just now, Wilbur said:

Love the performance.  Hate the front end.  

It could be a very ugly car from some angles.  In stock trim the nose was too high for good looks but if it was raked down a bit at the nose it began to look better.  The worst part is trying to park it as everything forward of the hood pins is invisible to the driver.  Try guessing another 3 feet in front of that.......don't make a mistake as that is very expensive.

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

It could be a very ugly car from some angles.  In stock trim the nose was too high for good looks but if it was raked down a bit at the nose it began to look better.  The worst part is trying to park it as everything forward of the hood pins is invisible to the driver.  Try guessing another 3 feet in front of that.......don't make a mistake as that is very expensive.

By some do you mean all?  that car looked so much better with the standard grill and bumpers.

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

By some do you mean all?  that car looked so much better with the standard grill and bumpers.

The standard grill might as well have been a parachute.  Even the first iteration, the 69 Charger 500 had the grill pushed up flush with the nose and that wasn't good enough.  The Dodge always looked a bit better than the next years Superbird however as the slab sided Road Runner body just didn't seem to fit with the nose.

I will admit though that the pep up headlights did little for it's looks at night.

Orange 1978 Datsun B210 GX. Probably the best car I've owned. 40 mpg, full on SUV, no keys, just a button on the dash, tape deck, shovel to hold up the hatch, plaid seats, did I mention it was orange.

According to the book Crap Cars, the 1978 Datsun B210 was a pretty good car, but it rusted at the mere site of water. 

2 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I always liked the strange odd ball things....I don't think that it would have enuff horse power to climb the hill to my house.

008-109.thumb.jpeg.1f43cf55f5456cf872976f3cd915f899.jpeg

Funny story about one of those.  When I was a boy we rented out an apartment to an ex pro football player who was a lineman for Jimmy Brown in college.  There was a coed there who had one.  On a fine day some football players picked it up and brought it inside the cafeteria and set it down by her table.  Unfazed, when she was done eating she got in and drove it out.

• Heart 2