I just went to the Duke Sandwich Company

AirwickWithCheese

and was treated rudely. This is important to note because I've been going there my entire life and this was a first. 

Granted, I don't go often, but it's one of those guilty pleasures you endulge in every so often and it's very comforting to know it's there. 

I got into a brief tiff with MomCheese so no free lunch. My next best option was Dukes for 2 sandwiches, a chocolate chipwich, and a lemonade. 

Lady at counter didn't smile but I can't say she was rude. Just a noticeable difference. She then hands me a cup for my lemonade. 

What?  Since when do you get your own lemonade at Dukes? I stood there for a moment frozen then walked over to one of those fountain machines where you stick your cup under the spigot and select your drink. 

There was no lemonade?  :dontknow:  Again, just sort of looked around confused. Some idiot man got uncomfortably close to me while talking into his ear phone. This sort of thing happens at like a Walmart type store but not at a Greenville institution like Dukes. 

Normally I would have said something to the asshat but between the tiff with Mom and the empty lemonade cup I was out of sorts. Lady came from behind the counter and I gave her a please help me smile and mentioned that I couldn't find the lemonade. 

"Well, I just put it up because we close at 4."  I'm sure I turned red. It was embarrassing. I looked around my Dukes and didn't recognize anyone. The time on the 60 year old Duke Sandwiches clock said 4:01. 

She went to the refrigerator and brought me a pitcher of lemonade. I poured my own cup of lemonade in embarrassed silence without bothering to get ice. 

Dukes was open until 5 pm since 1922 giving everyone a chance to dash in and get their deviled egg sandwich on their way home from work. 

The lemonade isn't homemade and I couldn't even taste the Dukes mayonnaise on my sandwiches. MomCheese is annoyed with me and I am sad. 

• Heart 2
  • Whatever 1
  • Sad 2

:D This came u right on the main page of google for it.

Questions & answers
Q: Is it common practice to stop selling soup an hour before closing on Saturday? Soup and sandwich is a pretty common order I would imagine.
A: I think they run out of soup before they close. I think whatever batch they make fpr the day when its gone they are out
  • Heart 1