Welcome PedalJoy

Welcome Bot

11 minutes ago, Indy said:

Dang, you guys scared her off already?

I wonder sometimes if all the "welcoming" might actually scare off some potential participants.  Some people might prefer to join in and assimilate in a quieter and more restrained fashion; to slowly feel their way into a new and strange environment  If I was new here, I think all the welcoming hoopla might be more of a negative than a positive.  Everyone is different, of course.  Just something I've always wondered about.

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I wonder sometimes if all the "welcoming" might actually scare off some potential participants.  Some people might prefer to join in and assimilate in a quieter and more restrained fashion; to slowly feel their way into a new and strange environment  If I was new here, I think all the welcoming hoopla might be more of a negative than a positive.  Everyone is different, of course.  Just something I've always wondered about.

so welcome bot is getting let go? :(

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PedalJoy said:

Hi and thanks for the warm welcome everyone.  

I am a pretty avid cyclist, now retired from racing although I am thinking about doing some Tri's.  I would love to do the Hawaii Ironman.

I live in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada if anyone is familiar with the area.  We have some great local crit races with really strong gals and being the home of Axel Merckx, a great Gran Fondo. 

I look forward to chatting although my busy career doesn't allow a lot of free time. 

Nice to meet you all,

PJ

Be advised, it is essential and mandatory that you make time for me.

• Heart 1