Is there a movie that you will watch every time it comes on?

Scrapr

15 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I would probably watch Lawrence of Arabia as often as they cared to put it on.  My only copy was on tape and I haven't had a tape machine in quite a while.

I was lucky enough to see that on the screen it was intended to be used with, stunning, epic.

On my 50 inch tv, it's just too small.

5 minutes ago, late said:

I was lucky enough to see that on the screen it was intended to be used with, stunning, epic.

On my 50 inch tv, it's just too small.

I also saw the original release.  What was that called back then, Cinarama or something like that with what was for the time a wide screen.  Great score, excellent cast and a touch of cynical realism.

My all time favorite movie is Amadeus, but I haven't seen it on TV recently. Some that I had seen but just had to stop recently and re-watch at least part of while channel surfing:

1. The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean (Paul Newman)

2. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

3. The Flight of the Phoenix (Jimmy Stewart)

4. West Side Story

5. Casablanca

6. Stagecoach (early John Wayne)

Hidden Figures --yes, of course that's a fairly recent movie.  I will never that it was released at major theatres when ....Trump became Prez.

I saw the movie 3 times  --paid.  Then 4th time while on plane flight.  One of the paid times, I asked to see it as part of my birthday gift. 

My theory why that movie became such a hit ..feel-good story of course, was there were many people who really wanted to believe, be temporarily distracted by  the underdog story of hard work and rising through tough times. And how social change can be reflected in the workplace.