Sunday plans

petitepedal

Church, we are doing a pie/dessert auction afterwards to raise money for a missionary we support in Uganda. We did one for Haiti a couple years ago and raised almost 4K. This afternoon will be either cutting brush or holding my chair down, depends what the weather does.

Going to a book reading and then to my sister’s. Wanted to get out for a run or a ride today, but the weather is absolute shit - 38 and a mix of snow/rain. (My fault because I took the snow brush out of my truck yesterday). So looks like I’ll be doing penance on the treadmill.

Ironing the lumps outa my lawn. Went to Home Depot to rent a roller this morning. Had to fill and drain it twice because I can't get it into the back yard without lifting it up over a foot high door sill at the back of the garage.

All done now, roller returned, and I'm ready for a nap. That was a workout.

• Heart 1

Skipped church and had coffee in the hot tub with WoZ, did the pulled pork and now cleaning the kitchen.  Son gets home tomorrow and yesterday was his birthday so I will be doing a cake for him this afternoon.  Pouring rain here after a hot sunny week, so no riding or yard works for me.  

Fixed leaking faucet, scraped some rust from bathroom light fixture, passed the vacuum. I'm waiting for my wife to get home then it's off to Ikea to get my daughter some lights for the room she and my MIL redecorated in her house. I'm hoping my wife and I can get some Ethiopian food before we get there; it's been a while.

Borrowed my boss' Ram 2500 to tow the trailer holding son's Jeep Cherokee project. We towed the Jeep and trailer to the house we're renting and saving $140/mo in storage fees.

Wo7 hired two teenagers to help rake the yard; leaves and sticks mostly. Son and I went to a friend's house to pick up the mower and assorted yard equipment we had stored there while we were still in the apartment.

Had pizza delivered for lunch and finished the yard by 2:00. Power nap then off to Costco for necessities and fill up the wife's Mazda.

Cooking some bean dip to serve with the chicken fajitas I'm fixing for dinner. Drinking some (three fingers) single barrel KY bourbon neat (Henry McKenna, bottled in bond)

• Heart 1