Cloudy day in Kelowna

Naomi

Tomorrow is supposed to start three days of beautiful weather. I haven't planned any shenanigans yet but I will get some riding in. My bike is still in my car so if my road hasn't improved I'll haul it somewhere to start my ride. I might do some kayaking too. The only thing on my schedule is a full body massage at noon tomorrow and getting the stitches out from my skin graft on Tuesday. 

• Heart 1

34 minutes ago, PedalJoy said:

Also cool.  We did a short 55km ride through the vineyards.  We still had a beautiful ride with a Great Lake view all the way. 8500 ft of climbing. 

8500 ft of climbing? I know people that haven't reached that in their lifetime. I get about 1,800 ft in my favorite 30 mile  loop from my house.

• Heart 1

14 hours ago, Longjohn said:

8500 ft of climbing? I know people that haven't reached that in their lifetime. I get about 1,800 ft in my favorite 30 mile  loop from my house.

Ha!  Th Okanagan has a lot of mountains to climb.  That and the dry air is what makes it such wonderful place to cycle. 

• Awesome 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 5:40 PM, Longjohn said:

There are few "mountains" here in my part of CT but the land is not flat.  Think of those egg crate foam pads people put on beds.  There are rollers everywhere.  I have one 15 mile loop that includes 1500 ft of net climbing.  Even my "flat" rail trail isn't really flat.  The grades tend to be no greater than 3% but on a recent ride of only 10 miles with an overall elevation change of 300 ft my gps reported almost 1000 feet of net climbing.

• Heart 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...