Maybe I should have said no. Kind of long.

tybeegb

I'm sure you were annoyed because you like to be able to do your best, but I'm sure the audience enjoyed your performance.  The small issue is one of the things that make live music more fun and interesting than recorded music.

I assume the cramp came from a fully-barred F-chord.  Did you try just holding down the e and b strings with your index finger and playing a 5-string F?  Or did that cramp, too?

One year I accompanied our local Jaycees door-to-door Christmas Choir and my left hand got very cold and began cramping between my thumb and index finger, but I could get by as long as I didn't bar all 6 strings. I then did everything with easy tonic-subdominant dominant chords like C, F-with just 2-string bar, and the non-barred G, or D, non-barred G, non-barred A, etc.

"I assume the cramp came from a fully-barred F-chord.  Did you try just holding down the e and b strings with your index finger and playing a 5-string F?  Or did that cramp, too?"

I play the 5-string F most of the time unless some of the other chords are Barred.  That was what gave me the problem.  I then tried the Barred F and it was only a little better, so I gave up on that chord for a little while.  

• Heart 1