My theory about state capitals

AirwickWithCheese

1 minute ago, Page Turner said:

...open air markets bring out the third world in all of us.:blush:

But what about the reverse?  I'm in Bi-Lo paying for my moonpies when Migel Calderon thinks it's ok to start placing his fried beans on the scanner. 

We weren't that close during school dances, ridiculous. 

• Whatever 1

Just now, AirwickWithCheese said:

But what about the reverse?  I'm in Bi-Lo paying for my moonpies when Migel Calderon thinks it's ok to start placing his fried beans on the scanner. 

We weren't that close during school dances, ridiculous. 

...another excellent reason to stop eating moonpies.  And if you don't buy them, mom Cheese will eventually tire of you mooching them.:)

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...another excellent reason to stop eating moonpies.  And if you don't buy them, mom Cheese will eventually tire of you mooching them.:)

Not a chance Abbey Hoffman. Publix keeps the strawberry moonpies in stock solely for Cheese. I filled out one of those customer requests and my dream came true.   :)

• Whatever 1

19 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Not a chance Abbey Hoffman. Publix keeps the strawberry moonpies in stock solely for Cheese. I filled out one of those customer requests and my dream came true.   :)

Publix in Florida has good key lime pies. I wonder if there is a moon pie version?

I never take those "Best of..." or "Worst of" lists seriously because the statistics they use are often misleading. There was one about hospitals to avoid in each state and the one to avoid in Maryland was Johns Hopkins Hospital!  It has the highest death rate!  Of course, it's been rated the #1 hospital in the USA every year for more than two decades and people from all over the world are sent there for a last-gasp effort: when no one else can cure them, maybe Hopkins can!  Consequently an unusually high %age of patients die there!

In the list linked here, Madison, WI and Austin, TX are 1st and 2nd while Annapolis, MD is 18th in "Health and Education."  Yet MD is 3rd highest among states in % of adults with Bachelor's degrees with 37.9%, TX is 12th with 32.3%, and Wisconsin is 28th with 27.8% and Annapolis seems to have its share.  Perhaps Annapolis has an unusually high %age of low income people living in its outskirts but I doubt it.  The number of beautiful colonial homes in the heart of the city and large number of mansions on the creeks and Severn River make the avg. property values high very there with estimated median house being worth $400,612 and the avg. rent $2200/month in 2016.  The health care system there is remarkable, especially with the concentration of blocks of medical buildings and the major hospital, requiring four separate huge, multi-story garages to serve them.  I had my shoulder operation there last June.

When you're living in an avg. $400,000 home with beautiful rivers, creeks, and the Chesapeake Bay minutes away and less than an hour from both Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, MD, your quality of life is generally significantly above average.

In another questionable list, https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/health-care, Maryland is 16th in health care, Wisconsin 17th and Texas 38th. But states get a higher health score the fewer readmissions that occur, which would states higher in uninsured or poor people would be rated higher because they often can't afford to be readmitted!  Note that Maryland has long been recognized as having one of the top public school systems and the emergency/shock trauma system is so good the U.S. Army has spent millions studying and copying it.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, MickinMD said:

I never take those "Best of..." or "Worst of" lists seriously because the statistics they use are often misleading. There was one about hospitals to avoid in each state and the one to avoid in Maryland was Johns Hopkins Hospital!  It has the highest death rate!  Of course, it's been rated the #1 hospital in the USA every year for more than two decades and people from all over the world are sent there for a last-gasp effort: when no one else can cure them, maybe Hopkins can!  Consequently an unusually high %age of patients die there!

In the list linked here, Madison, WI and Austin, TX are 1st and 2nd while Annapolis, MD is 18th in "Health and Education."  Yet MD is 3rd highest among states in % of adults with Bachelor's degrees with 37.9%, TX is 12th with 32.3%, and Wisconsin is 28th with 27.8% and Annapolis seems to have its share.  Perhaps Annapolis has an unusually high %age of low income people living in its outskirts but I doubt it.  The number of beautiful colonial homes in the heart of the city and large number of mansions on the creeks and Severn River make the avg. property values high very there with estimated median house being worth $400,612 and the avg. rent $2200/month in 2016.  The health care system there is remarkable, especially with the concentration of blocks of medical buildings and the major hospital, requiring four separate huge, multi-story garages to serve them.  I had my shoulder operation there last June.

When you're living in an avg. $400,000 home with beautiful rivers, creeks, and the Chesapeake Bay minutes away and less than an hour from both Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, MD, your quality of life is generally significantly above average.

In another questionable list, https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/health-care, Maryland is 16th in health care, Wisconsin 17th and Texas 38th. But states get a higher health score the fewer readmissions that occur, which would states higher in uninsured or poor people would be rated higher because they often can't afford to be readmitted!  Note that Maryland has long been recognized as having one of the top public school systems and the emergency/shock trauma system is so good the U.S. Army has spent millions studying and copying it.

This is why you only need to use my theory. Remember, I also fix lawnmowers.  

1 hour ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

...I had to pass up a Snapper Hi vac someone had put out at the curb on Sunday, on my way back from the market.

I figured it would cost too much to Fedex it to you.:(

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

...do you ever wonder what your glycemic index spike looks like when you eat a moonpie ? No probably not. *sigh*

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Nah - Mick cut & pastes that reply every time we discuss polls.  It's no hassle for him to reiterate it.

BTW, my finger method i easier AND works even better if you have huge fingers and a small map.

Tom

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Nah - Mick cut & pastes that reply every time we discuss polls.  It's no hassle for him to reiterate it.

BTW, my finger method i easier AND works even better if you have huge fingers and a small map.

Tom

I gave you a like because it's late in the evening.