My theory about state capitals

AirwickWithCheese

1 minute ago, dotman17 said:

Be honest Wilbur -- how does Toronto compare to Vancouver?  You may be logistically better suited to be in Toronto for business reasons -- but which city do you prefer?  Why?

Well, how can I say this and still be PC and not called a racist...  IT'S THE CHINESE!  

Vancouver is beautiful but I would never go back.  The massive influx of Asians totally destroyed what Vancouver was, thanks Expo 86.  Now it is a mini Hong Kong.  

richmond-signs.jpg

That isn't one sign, that is the whole city.  

If Vancouver was the same smaller, laid back west coast town it was, sure.  But you can never go home. 

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

If Vancouver was the same smaller, laid back west coast town it was, sure.  But you can never go home. 

I get that.  It's one of the reasons I'm considering getting out of Seattle. Not mention the economies and cost of living in both cities is insane.

3 minutes ago, dotman17 said:

You ever drive down this street?  I'm guessing it's not to far from you??

It is in Hamilton.  I have driven it going to the airport there but I try to avoid Hamilton.   Let me correct that or Hamilton people would get mad.  It is on Hamilton Mountain which is still Hamilton but the people there think they are better. :) 

13 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Stay focused Wilbur. My brilliance shouldn't be sacrificed for your memories of the past. I can calculate Alaska but you go first since you are a jetsetter.  

Ok, Lets talk about Victoria BC.  It is well, the best city in BC.  :) 

8833.jpg

• Heart 1

Just now, Wilbur said:

Ok, Lets talk about Victoria BC.  It is well, the best city in BC.  :) 

Alaska.   

Southeast Alaska + Anchorage = Juneau

Juneau is gorgeous and is SE Alaska.  Anchorage isn't too bad but has more government interference than the rest of Alaska. 

• Heart 1
  • Whatever 1

2 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

latest?cb=20140117030008

Just suppose DT allowed a bunch of Wealthy Iraqi's into Sacramento.. So many that the churches were now Mosques. You were outnumbered by them.  The new residents didn't speak your language.  The signage was changed to theirs.  The housing styles were theirs and your kids were now a minority who could no longer afford housing in that city. The education system favoured them as did most business opportunities.  Would you still call it home?  It isn't hate. Well, maybe for the government that gave paradise away. 

13 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Alaska.   

Southeast Alaska + Anchorage = Juneau

Juneau is gorgeous and is SE Alaska.  Anchorage isn't too bad but has more government interference than the rest of Alaska. 

OK, your formula works in the case of Alaska.  Probably many more too.

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I would think you of all people would be disgusted about Charlotte. You know how great she once was.....  Would be like being born in Atlanta before the war and making it to 1959.  

Disheartening.     :(

I never had my van broken into when I was in Charlotte.  :(

• Whatever 1

13 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I saw the title of this thread, so I took a peek.  It's 4 pages of state capitals, really?

Can I get a summary report please, double spaced, less than 200 words, and monosyllabic.

50 states, 50 capitals, most are average. 

• Whatever 1

51 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I saw the title of this thread, so I took a peek.  It's 4 pages of state capitals, really?

Can I get a summary report please, double spaced, less than 200 words, and monosyllabic.

I can sum it and all the other threads in this place in two words:  bullshit babble.

How else can I help you today?

• Whatever 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Just suppose DT allowed a bunch of Wealthy Iraqi's into Sacramento.. So many that the churches were now Mosques. You were outnumbered by them.  The new residents didn't speak your language.  The signage was changed to theirs.  The housing styles were theirs and your kids were now a minority who could no longer afford housing in that city. The education system favoured them as did most business opportunities.  Would you still call it home?  It isn't hate. Well, maybe for the government that gave paradise away. 

...I don't think you've been here lately. I'm a racial and ethnic minority almost every place I go here, except maybe the titty bars.

I can't tell you all the times I've been edged out at the farmer's market by some little Asian lady with a wire basket shopping cart.  I've started going earlier just to avoid that.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

...what's the capital of South Dakota ?

7 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...I don't think you've been here lately. I'm a racial and ethnic minority almost every place I go here, except maybe the titty bars.

I can't tell you all the times I've been edged out at the farmer's market by some little Asian lady with a wire basket shopping cart.  I've started going earlier just to avoid that.

Grocery store etiquette should be a requirement for all visiting foreigners. 

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

Last time I was there, the highway was overrun with redskins.

Tomato truck tipped. 

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Last time I was there, the highway was overrun with redskins.

Tomato truck tipped. 

...those guys are a real menace to society.  in season they drive 7 days a week, 14-16 hour days, and most of those rigs are tandems.  It's a wonder more people are not killed by tomatoes here.

• Heart 1