I am on the subway, and please put your feet away

Randomguy

Looking down at my phone whilst in a low-tech sardine can traveling in a semi-efficient manner, you observe much.  

The weather has turned vaguely summerish, so people are trotting out various and sundry objects emblematic of the season. Women, in particular, are wearing shoes that display their horrible lizard-like, Sasquatch-sized, gnarled toe monstrosities for all to see. 

If there is a lesson to be reinforced here, it is that you should keep your ugly-ass feet hidden from view if you  don’t wish to be judged for your poor fashion sense and disgusting body parts. 

You are welcome. 

• Awesome 2

58 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

If there is a lesson to be reinforced here, it is that you should keep your ugly-ass feet hidden from view if you  don’t wish to be judged for your poor fashion sense and disgusting body parts. 

This kinda made me LOL. 

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

This kinda made me LOL. 

It's funny because it's true. It is a regular rant of the random one and for once I am with him 100%.

Another thing they do is attract further attention to their ugliness with the nail paint. As stupid as getting your fat ungly bingo winged arms tattooed.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Looking down at my phone whilst in a low-tech sardine can traveling in a semi-efficient manner, you observe much.  

The weather has turned vaguely summerish, so people are trotting out various and sundry objects emblematic of the season. Women, in particular, are wearing shoes that display their horrible lizard-like, Sasquatch-sized, gnarled toe monstrosities for all to see. 

You are welcome.  

I'm noticing the attractive ladies are stepping it up a notch as the warm (not hot) weather has moved in.  Lots of lovely women wearing less and less.  A great time of year.

Tom

• Heart 3

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

if you  don’t wish to be judged for your poor fashion sense and disgusting body parts. 

So since I don’t give a shit if you judge me and I already know I have zero fashion sense and don’t care, I’m free to wear my sandals and offend you.

• Heart 3

13 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm noticing the attractive ladies are stepping it up a notch as the warm (not hot) weather has moved in.  Lots of lovely women wearing less and less.  A great time of year.

Tom

...the summertime is a wonderful time of the year to be a foot fetishist. ? We've already had some days in the upper 80's.:wub:

The photo of the bare footed lady reminds me of a day when this really unpleasantly weird woman at work turned up soaked, as she'd ridden her bike to work - of course, I had done the same and was equally soaked, the difference being, I had dry and fresh business wear to change into at work. But not she, no, she had nothing, so she just took off her wet shoes and socks and went barefoot all day at work. Bear in mind this was with colleagues and public present. Gross. What a dumbass. I mean, in which universe is that acceptable?

7 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

The photo of the bare footed lady reminds me of a day when this really unpleasantly weird woman at work turned up soaked, as she'd ridden her bike to work - of course, I had done the same and was equally soaked, the difference being, I had dry and fresh business wear to change into at work. But not she, no, she had nothing, so she just took off her wet shoes and socks and went barefoot all day at work. Bear in mind this was with colleagues and public present. Gross. What a dumbass. I mean, in which universe is that acceptable? 

Depends if she was hot or not. The lady from the subway photo above would be fine.

Tom

Just now, pedalphile said:

Not even lukewarm mate, and I disagree anyway, unless you work on a beach or similar, barefoot at work is not on.

Barefoot is not really any different than sandal clad.  Are sandals appropriate? What's the rationale for being anti-barefoot? How are feet different than hands?

Tom

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Barefoot is not really any different than sandal clad.  Are sandals appropriate? What's the rationale for being anti-barefoot? How are feet different than hands?

Tom

It's called civilisation, Thom. Sandals are not appropriate IMO for work. However they at least keep their stinking feet clear of the floors and carpets we all have to tread. People here do not generally walk on their hands, so bare hands at work are ok.

• Heart 1

22 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

I will often kick my boots off during a long sit at my desk.  I will slip them back on to leave the office, but one day I had a couple of sales guys stop in unannounced and I had no time to get them back on, so I got up and came around my desk in my stocking feet.  They both did a double take and then a laugh.  I returned the favor by not buying anything from them.

1 hour ago, pedalphile said:

It's called civilisation, Thom. Sandals are not appropriate IMO for work. However they at least keep their stinking feet clear of the floors and carpets we all have to tread. People here do not generally walk on their hands, so bare hands at work are ok. 

YOU tread upon the floor in shoes. Why are bare feet on another person posing any sort of issue to you who has one or two layers of material between the floor and your bare feet?

Are short sleeves verboten? Are jeans verboten? Are anything but a coat and tie (preferably a whole suit) uncivilized?  I just don't get it.

I personally find walking around in bare feet in public areas (not counting a beach/pool area) pretty disgusting - not because my feet are making it nasty, but the OTHER way around. So I am not bothered by some person who isn't as hygienic since that's their problem, not mine.

As a side note, I'm willing to gamble that bare hands cause a 1000x more health issues at work than bare feet do.

Tom

• Awesome 1

20 hours ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

So since I don’t give a shit if you judge me and I already know I have zero fashion sense and don’t care, I’m free to wear my sandals and offend you.

Sandals, might as well announce you find men sexy.  Does your wife know?

20 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...the summertime is a wonderful time of the year to be a foot fetishist. ? We've already had some days in the upper 80's.:wub:

Ok, I think the ratio is 90% disgusting feet, 5% mostly not disgusting, and 5 percent not disgusting at all.  Feet are gross.

18 hours ago, pedalphile said:

I mean, in which universe is that acceptable?

The dumb and terminally unaware inhabit that world.  It is called "hell".  

I don't believe in the biblical hell, because, you know, rational.  That said, figurative hell is people who are not able to see anything but themselves, and are unaware of any damn thing.

18 hours ago, pedalphile said:

I would like to like this twice.

• Heart 1

People are gross.  My biggest issue is people who treat public space like private space.  Sorry America, you are particularly guilty here. I have access to Concierge lounges at the top 4 hotel chains in the world due to the amount of travel involved in my job.

Even when signs are posted for appropriate attire, you get a steady stream of morans coming in for breakfast or tea dripping in sweat from the gym.  Often people fall right out of bed and appear in the lounge in gym attire with bed head, stinking breath, bare feet and standing in line at the buffet while fishing their underwear out of the crack of their ass.  I was in Omaha and saw no less than 5 such footwear challenged idiots.  One dude picked up a fork, used the tines to catch his scalp, then plunged it into the fresh fruit to have a little snack while he awaited his omelette. 

If you are guilty, please stop and have some respect for others or at the least, a little for yourself.   Maybe wash up and put some damn shoes on.  Gawd, I am getting old. 

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

People are gross.  My biggest issue is people who treat public space like private space.  Sorry America, you are particularly guilty here. I have access to Concierge lounges at the top 4 hotel chains in the world due to the amount of travel involved in my job.

Even when signs are posted for appropriate attire, you get a steady stream of morans coming in for breakfast or tea dripping in sweat from the gym.  Often people fall right out of bead and appear in the lounge in gym attire with bed head, stinking breath, bare feet and standing in line at the buffet while fishing their underwear out of the crack of their ass.  I was in Omaha and saw no less than 5 such footwear challenged idiots.  One dude picked up a fork, used the tines to catch his scalp, then plunged it into the fresh fruit to have a little snack while he awaited his omelette. 

If you are guilty, please stop and have some respect for others or at the least, a little for yourself.   Maybe wash up and put some damn shoes on.  Gawd, I am getting old. 

I want to like this many times, too!

23 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

The dumb and terminally unaware inhabit that world.  It is called "hell".  

I don't believe in the biblical hell, because, you know, rational.  That said, figurative hell is people who are not able to see anything but themselves, and are unaware of any damn thing.

Hell is other people.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Even when signs are posted for appropriate attire, you get a steady stream of morans coming in for breakfast or tea dripping in sweat from the gym.  Often people fall right out of bed and appear in the lounge in gym attire with bed head, stinking breath, bare feet and standing in line at the buffet while fishing their underwear out of the crack of their ass.  I was in Omaha and saw no less than 5 such footwear challenged idiots.  One dude picked up a fork, used the tines to catch his scalp, then plunged it into the fresh fruit to have a little snack while he awaited his omelette. 

"He who angers you conquers you."  -  Dick York

• Heart 1