12 May 2018 miles and such

JerrySTL

7 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

WoJSTL and I did a half marathon from Maryville, Illinois. About 14 miles total so far today. She just realized that she only needs about 3 more miles to get in 10,000 steps in for the week. Those 3 miles will be painful.

Nice work.  Hope the temps weren't too hot.

I had planned to skip today and ride tomorrow, but the forecast now is AWFUL from tonight through NEXT weekend. So, I saddled up and took a spin and got steadily buffeted by the front moving in from the south. Crosswinds suck in both directions :( and my Garmin kept telling me Extreme Thunderstorm Watch!!! I tried to stay relatively close to home so I could skedaddle back if lightning ever actually rolled in.

IMG_6070.thumb.PNG.e85f2b10494b0ddb88957194caba21e5.PNGIMG_6071.thumb.PNG.5140e29f16ab0215faee38c4a7d95ba9.PNG

Tom

• Heart 3

I came down with a nasty chest cold and haven't worked out in a week. Yesterday was the first day I really felt well but the remnants of schmuck keep launching out of my chest at random moments causing coughing fits.

I'll hit the gym today, it's actually cool and wet in SoCal which triggers coughing fits.