It's going to be a long day

Indy

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

Daughter didn't want to sleep last night and then I broke my coffee maker carafe  getting it out of the dishwasher this morning.  ?

In a pinch I make a pour over funnel from aluminum foil and line it with a filter.  No filter? paper towel will work just fine.  Pour over coffee is best anyway.  

Turn your disaster into a blessing.

• Heart 3

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

In a pinch I make a pour over funnel from aluminum foil and line it with a filter.  No filter? paper towel will work just fine.  Pour over coffee is best anyway.  

Turn your disaster into a blessing.

I've made it in the cup I drank it from, a few stirs and the grounds all sink. It's not perfect, but any port in a storm they say.

17 minutes ago, Rick5234 said:

Well... if that's the worst that happens to you today you're doing good. 

True, but if anything worse happens, will I be awake enough to realize it?  Right now, the ceiling on the building could collapse and I'm not sure I would notice.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

It is, and tomorrow is going to be longer still. About another 6 weeks of it.

So days aren't 24 hours still, man the news just keeps getting better.

?

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

My carafes always outlast the coffee makers. I kept a couple for spares and the rest I throw out with the coffee maker.

Yep, they last a couple of years.  Due to this, I will not buy an expensive one.  Head to the store and get a Mr. Coffee with auto brew and I am good to go.  Had to do this on Saturday actually.  

Got this one for $26 on sale

https://www.target.com/p/mr-coffee-12-cup-programmable-coffee-maker-pjx23/-/A-50333736

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

My carafes always outlast the coffee makers. I kept a couple for spares and the rest I throw out with the coffee maker.

I'm the opposite. Usually 4:1, but a coffee maker can last a decade or more.  I ALWAYS have a spare in the closet, ready to swoop in and save the morning :D  But, we also have all the other methods of making coffee, so it really is never an emergency. 

Tom 

23 hours ago, Indy said:

Daughter didn't want to sleep last night and then I broke my coffee maker carafe  getting it out of the dishwasher this morning.  ?

Hope you can find a cheap replacement. I broke one years ago and it was cheaper to buy a new Mr. Coffee Coffeemaker than replace the carafe.

Then I broke one a couple years ago and bought two cheap ones on Amazon - an extra one in case I get clumsy again before I need to replace the whole thing.