Interesting but obscure facts

Road Runner

34 minutes ago, 12string said:

get we get back to the original point of this thread, please: Is there a Alligatorbearshark at the Smithsonian?

They've had a Bigfoot, a Yeti, AND an Abominable Snow Man for many, many decades.  Have any ever been put on display???? No effing way! So, they surely have that Alligatorbearshark somewhere in their secure off-site storage facility (by the Ark of the Covenant?), but you can assume we'll never see it.

Tom

10 hours ago, Angelic Zephyr said:

Fun fact:  If you are properly proportioned, your height is equal to three times the circumference of your head at the widest part.

Go ahead, I know you don't believe me.  Go get a tape measure..., I'll wait.  :whistle:

Ok..my partner nearly fits the bill.

Whereas my head is too big for my head.  When I was dealing with neck muscle strain, an experienced physiotherapist said that 1 of the heaviest features of our body..is our head.

Solfege, which names the musical notes Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Ti, Do was originated by Guido of Arezzo in the 11th Century. He also had a lot to do with the evolution of sheet music lines and notation.

He pointed out to students that the first notes of the scale corresponded to syllables in "Ut queant laxis," a hymn to John the Baptist. He used "Ut" which was eventually replaced by "Do" and "Ti" was later added. The notes correspond to C, D, E, etc.

Ut-queant-laxis.png.e8f931940b6957a532ae9aa418be6a27.png

• Awesome 1

• 8 months later...