Hashtag roughingit

Parr8hed

5 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Surprised nobody has asked already... What the hell is going on in the 3rd picture? Mrs P8 holding a replica camper and a fat wad of cash on the table??????

As Ricky would say, Luuuuuucy, you have some splaining to do..... 

the replica camper is the wife's little decorative thingie.  It's a thing.  they have all kinds of stuff from plates to potholders, to shower curtains...

The wad of cash is all that's left of our life savings.  

Image result for happy camper retro camper decor

• Awesome 2

Manual crank down jacks?  Man, that is roughing it.

That's the layout of my first one.  Wasn't a bad setup, just for my traveling menagerie, we realized floor space was more important than built in bunks.  That and the bottom bunk didn't have a window, so it felt like a dungeon, so no one wanted to sleep there anyways.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

This camper is really swanky.  Looks very plush.  A family of four would probably kill each other, if they lived in ours for a day,

My family of four almost killed each other in one like Parr8 during a rainy camping weekend.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Is this a new camper? Or the same one you've been using for awhile now?

It looks like there is money on the counter, so it can't be Showroom NEW or else there'd be none of that left, right?

Brand spanking new.  That money on the counter was from the trip up to get it.  We had cash for some reason.  That's not normal for us.  

1 minute ago, Parr8hed said:

?

Don't feel bad man, you should see mine, I've currently got half a house in my detached garage.  You can't even walk in it right now.  :(

• Sad 1

Just now, Indy said:

Don't feel bad man, you should see mine, I've currently got half a house in my detached garage.  You can't even walk in it right now.  :(

This is the aftermath of cleaning out one camper and putting stuff in the new camper.

And always remember to make sure everything is clear before you pull the slide in.  Even when you are sure, check again, then check one more time.  I missed the triple check, did a quick look last time out last year (was in a hurry) now I've got a rip in the flooring I've got to repair.

Just now, Indy said:

And always remember to make sure everything is clear before you pull the slide in.  Even when you are sure, check again, then check one more time.  I missed the triple check, did a quick look last time out last year (was in a hurry) now I've got a rip in the flooring I've got to repair.

Oh that sucks.  

This is the aftermath of cleaning out one camper and putting stuff in the new camper.

Yeah, amazing how much crap you end up in one.  I actually don't have nearly as much in my current one as I now know what I need.  There were several things I took out of my old one I couldn't even remember why I had it in there to begin with.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Oh that sucks.  

couldn't you just have a kid sit in the slider and yell if anything is blocking it as it goes in?

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

couldn't you just have a kid sit in the slider and yell if anything is blocking it as it goes in?

Mine's a double opposable supper slider.  They would be pretty much trapped in there once you bring both of them in.