Weekend plans for those not going to the Royal Wedding...?

petitepedal

60 us the new 40!  It's just a number, crush it!

I need to be CPR certified for my job and let it lapse decades ago so I took the blended option & the practicle is Sat morning.  My daughter wants to take the moms out to breakfast for a delayed Mother's Day, ride & chores.  My wife also wants to go wedding dress shopping so it looks like I'll have some free time.

• Heart 2

I am the world's least handy person. Got a contractor coming over in the morning to quote me to fix our gutter and our sump pump. If he's any good I've got scads of other odd jobs to do.

Tomorrow night have a Birthday Party at a Restaurant for one of BuffCarla's best friends. I have been asking BuffCarla for weeks about the when and the where. She thinks its tomorrow evening.

Sunday- just a normal Sunday.

I think you've all forgotten, it's the BUCKING HORSE PARADE TOMORROW STARTING AT 9 AM!!!  There will be street dances as well.  Frankly, I'm surprised that Harry and Meghan didn't cancel because nobody who is anybody will be showing up for their event. :skipping:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Race marshal today and tomorrow at Fat and Skinny Tirefest.  Sunday going to Indy for our grandson's bands program.   Maybe  I can get a little video for you.  Program is supposed to be about 1.5 hours long. This will be his first time on stage using the Gibson Les Paul.  He is excited to be playing that instead of the Epiphone Dot.

4 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Get well soon @bikeman564™ and have a sammich and milkshake..and maybe some pie.

Thanks. I don't have "that" much of an appetite lol.  I will be going to the food store today for supplies, and I was thinking of getting some samich supplies :)

I'm finally going to create a little garden in the back yard.  I will start by cutting out sod and filling in the spots in the front yard, locations of three former trees where we had the stumps ground.  It has been wet for days so the sod removal should be easy, and it will continue to be wet for a few more days which should help it establish.

I will probably cut out more sod than I can replant elsewhere, so if you want some feel free to stop by.

Tomorrow night we're going to get the kids set up with takeout pizza and a movie, and my wife and I will go out to dinner.  It has been way too long; sadly we have fewer opportunities for this than we used to.  Her parents would take the kids once every month or two so we could go out.

Unfortunately I think it will be one more weekend without a decent bike ride.  I don't think I've even reached 50 miles YTD, even if I include rides around the neighborhood with the kids.

• Awesome 1

Chores everyday and not sure about town today. Tomorrow I take photos at the Quick Draw after the parade and will take photos at the Sunday brunch at the art museum.  Not sure if I'll take in any of the other doings for BHS. Currently raining, but they are forecasting nice days on Saturday and Sunday.  I think the concert and dance escaped rain last night, but there may have been some strong winds blowing for about 3 hours.  Things were pretty good when I checked the cam at 1:30am.

• Heart 1

Daughter 1 went home yesterday, Daughter 2 announced she is coming back from Australia and getting engaged, and son is coming home for the weekend to do some diving with me.  It is only Friday morning and it has already been a long weekend.

Speaking of which, it is a long weekend here with Monday off....  :skipping:?

The ocotpus is in no way connected to my post, it is just my new favorite thing

More rain. We've had seven straight days of rain with more tonight and Saturday. My sinus infection and the rain have cancelled my participation in the Tour de Madison County. I may go to work at the lbs for lack of anything else to do.

Cooking halibut filets and boiled redskin potatoes for dinner tonight.

Saturday night, we are going to a friend's house for a small dinner party. They have two wild and crazy Airedales.

Sunday, no plans beyond sleeping in late. I'm sure my wife has something else in mind like work.

On 5/18/2018 at 8:23 AM, ChrisL said:

60 us the new 40!  It's just a number, crush it! 

For some, that is VERY TRUE. I think for Petite, she falls in the "young at heart" category, and she will show that it is just a number. :cheerleader:

On the flip side, I know way too many folks for whom 40 is the new 60.  :(  A miserable thing to be "past one's prime" at 40.

Lucky for us, people like Petite balance it out.

Happy Birthday (one day early), Petite!!!!

Tom