Mango munching...

Randomguy

My wife grew up with a mango tree in her back yard...then discovered she was allergic to them. She/we have to be careful when ordering food at restaurants. Even things like Italian ice or gelato, if it says 'mango. it is obvious, but if says 'tropical flavors' have to ask which fruits make the blend.  Hasn't outgrown it as last year, even handling a mango in the store, the oils caused her skin to break out in a rash.

3 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

My wife grew up with a mango tree in her back yard...then discovered she was allergic to them. She/we have to be careful when ordering food at restaurants. Even things like Italian ice or gelato, if it says 'mango. it is obvious, but if says 'tropical flavors' have to ask which fruits make the blend.  Hasn't outgrown it as last year, even handling a mango in the store, the oils caused her skin to break out in a rash.

My mom had a mango tree in her backyard but the climate in SoCal was just too cool and the didnt grow very big, about the size of a small orange. Still tasted good tho.

Mango is one of my favorite fruits and are reasonably priced in season.

5 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I have eaten three mangoes since last night, I am now considering the haitian mango to be the best.

Every morning while we are in Haiti the first thing we do is gather any mangos that fell from the trees overnight. The dogs or goats will get them if you don’t. We eat fresh mango two or three times a day there. Yum!

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, ChrisL said:

My mom had a mango tree in her backyard but the climate in SoCal was just too cool and the didnt grow very big, about the size of a small orange.

My wife grew up in Miami, a natural environment for mango and a very healthy tree in her back yard. While couldn't handle the mango, was fine with sea grapes, guava, an papaya. Also, with her birthday tomorrow, last week went solo to my parents so could stop by a candy store for a box of citrus candy that she likes and picked up a jar of guava butter as an extra.

12 hours ago, Zackny said:

Every morning while we are in Haiti the first thing we do is gather any mangos that fell from the trees overnight. The dogs or goats will get them if you don’t. We eat fresh mango two or three times a day there. Yum!

Hmmm.  Don't you live just south of Montreal where thousands of Haitian refugees are crossing into Canada?  

• Heart 1

20 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Hmmm.  Don't you live just south of Montreal where thousands of Haitian refugees are crossing into Canada?  

I grew up there but what does that have to do with mangos?

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, Randomguy said:

I have eaten three mangoes since last night, I am now considering the haitian mango to be the best.

The Haitian mango may be the best of the 3 you've eaten but the best outright by far is the Indian sort, official.