Coffee!

The_Karen_Cooper_Incident

I am treating myself to a cup right now.  I'm feeling hyper already.  Just not used to drinking it regularly. 

Try veggie juice.  That stuff gives you a boost greater than coffee.  I drink it before my rides and zoooom!

For me, I have to have the caffeine.  Basically it's a naturally way to calm down A.D.D. as most medication for it are stimulants.

So I actually tend to be edgy and wired with out my coffee.

For me, I have to have the caffeine.  Basically it's a naturally way to calm down A.D.D. as most medication for it are stimulants.

So I actually tend to be edgy and wired with out my coffee.

Does Benadryl make you wired?  Some people it makes them sleep.  For some it is like doing a line of Meth.  I heard those people are ADD ones.  Not sure.

Does Benadryl make you wired?  Some people it makes them sleep.  For some it is like doing a line of Meth.  I heard those people are ADD ones.  Not sure.

I don't know about the Meth thing, but it gives me bad insomnia.  Mucinex is the worst for that though, and I have screwed up sinuses from to many broken noses.  But now I only take a lot of that stuff in the morning, never in the afternoon or evening.

I've had 2 cups, I'm wired.  It's either the caffeine or the stress or the combo of it, but I'm so wired I could kick Iron Man's ass.

I don't think Par8 is as tough as he tries to portray, so not sure it would take much.

On 9/19/2013 at 11:22 AM, Dirtyhip said:

Bendryl knocks me out and I sleep like a baby.  K says I have a pink pill habit.

In my defense, I haven't taken one in 3 days.  :unsure:

when I was getting infusions of rituxan a few years back I would start with 50 cc of bendryl by IV.  within  a few minutes I was reading the same paragraph over and over, then a few minutes later I was asleep for an hour or more.  Since it was a 2.5 - 3 hour infusion, I guess that worked

• 3 years later...
57 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

First time for me having it from a French Press. Didn't change my world. 

Little chance of that I'm afraid....now if you want a coffee which more suited to we manly men, more robust and more able to set one up in the morning...then try brewing it using a Moka pot.  Never mind a blend or any other fancy pants alternative but go for Old Brown Java or a good Daterra.

• Heart 2

On 9/19/2013 at 8:21 AM, Shu Fang said:

Benadryl junks me out.  I've tried taking it to sleep a few times. Makes.things.much.worse.

Couch

You will die of PRI and dementia if you take a lot of Benadryl.  I have taken lots of Benedryl in the last 5 years.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/common-anticholinergic-drugs-like-benadryl-linked-increased-dementia-risk-201501287667

5 hours ago, onbike1939 said:

Little chance of that I'm afraid....now if you want a coffee which more suited to we manly men, more robust and more able to set one up in the morning...then try brewing it using a Moka pot.  Never mind a blend or any other fancy pants alternative but go for Old Brown Java or a good Diarrhea.

Diarrhea?

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Just finished my first cup.

Image result for bigelow earl grey tea

I might have two today.

Now....don't think for a moment that I don't want a glimpse of your feminine self from time to time but this is too much. It's scented for heaven's sake....do you drink it with your legs crossed and a hanky up your sleeve?

You do know that after the sixth cup or so your testicles begin to shrink....scientific fact Sweetpants.

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

Now....don't think for a moment that I don't want a glimpse of your feminine self from time to time but this is too much. It's scented for heaven's sake....do you drink it with your legs crossed and a hanky up your sleeve?

You do know that after the sixth cup or so your testicles begin to shrink....scientific fact Sweetpants.

This needed to be said. :)  

5 hours ago, onbike1939 said:

How dare you meddle with my post....have you no respect at all.....I mean would you doodle all over the Mona Lisa and think it funny?

I'm shaking my head now and making disgusted expressions. :(

I'm often amused how you Highland folk can have such a high self image yourselves and post sophisticated responses while we all know you're nothing but a bunch of crazed rugged brutes.  I suspect this comes from living next door to the English whilst having your hillsides covered in lavender in the late Spring.  You're not fooling us, onbike, even with your gift of gab.  You may in fact be able to play a bagpipe in a kilt -- but we know deep down you're brute like all your brethren.  And brutes chug ale, whiskey, and coarse ground coffee.  You drink sledge and coffee grounds with an air of sophistication and top it off with a Cadbury bar.

3 minutes ago, Shu Fang said:

You specifically have to find threads that drive Max a little bonkers.

Shu Fang

This is actually not a hard thing to do and I argue there's no one -- no one -- better to see in the forum a little bonkers than Max.  But you have to get him pissed and the level of assholism one needs to be to reach this promised land is not called for.  Not here.  There used to be such an asshole in another forum that will not be named -- that aspired to see this -- but that persona has long been dead. Besides the Joker once said, never rub another man's rhubarb.  

Burlington is a cool place.  I'll never forget the only time I went there -- I stopped off for a bit to eat somewhere and I'll be damned if the table I was seated at didn't have a couple of gals from the University of Washington (in Seattle) sitting right next to me.  What are the odds of that?  I realize the U of V is their but if I recall correctly, there visit had nothing to do with the university.

17 hours ago, dotman17 said:

I'm often amused how you Highland folk can have such a high self image yourselves and post sophisticated responses while we all know you're nothing but a bunch of crazed rugged brutes.  I suspect this comes from living next door to the English whilst having your hillsides covered in lavender in the late Spring.  You're not fooling us, onbike, even with your gift of gab.  You may in fact be able to play a bagpipe in a kilt -- but we know deep down you're brute like all your brethren.  And brutes chug ale, whiskey, and coarse ground coffee.  You drink sledge and coffee grounds with an air of sophistication and top it off with a Cadbury bar.

This is outrageous and I'm astounded that anyone....even some deranged Colonial under the influence of some exotic substance.... can say such a thing. Be assured that I will complain in the strongest terms to SW about this...not that he has the internal fortitude to do anything about it as we now know him as being so effeminate as to drink Earl Grey tea whilst wearing ladies' undergarments...but I'll complain anyway. That a person as learned and as cultured as myself should be so slandered and abused is astonishing, but I'm nothing if not magnanimous and would only urge you to resume taking the medicine and to desist from bickering with the orderlies who are only trying to do their job.

19 hours ago, onbike1939 said:

I wish I'd know that before.

13 hours ago, onbike1939 said:

Be assured that I will complain in the strongest terms to SW about this...not that he has the internal fortitude to do anything about it as we now know him as being so effeminate as to drink Earl Grey tea whilst wearing ladies' undergarments...but I'll complain anyway. 

I like the soft fealing of silk against my skin.

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I like the soft fealing of silk against my skin.

I'm sure you do Sweetpants but do not expect my approval....oh ...no. As far as I'm concerned you are a degenerate of the worse kind and headed for the Big Burning Fire which will give short shrift to your Victoria's secret frillies.

Not that I'm narrow-minded at all........

• 1 year later...
30 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Hey I didn't create any parodies today.  I threatened to but didn't (not yet anyway).  You should be kind enough to only threaten to dredge.

You need to apologize immediatly.

Dredge?  That's coffee-like.  Just like I like my coffee -- sledge.  In fact, it the spoon sticks -- it's good.